Wagyu brisket

I'm kind of the opinion that faster/hotter is better as far as losing juices goes.

If you dont overcook

I've never cooked a flat alone, except pastrami , but I imagine it's a bit more difficult than cooking it with most of it attached to point, with all the deckle fat.

well I dont see the finished pictures, there must've been a fight when he pulled it off the smoker lol, I would have thrown it back in the foil pan and put a lid on it instead of wrapping, much easier imo

well I dont see the finished pictures, there must've been a fight when he pulled it off the smoker lol, I would have thrown it back in the foil pan and put a lid on it instead of wrapping, much easier imo
I actually was fighting my Fireboard the last part of the cook, and by the time it was done, everyone was ready to eat! That 5 lb flat was GONE! It was actually really good, but I do not think it was worth the money I paid! I have had Prime that was pretty close in overall flavor, but there was a buttery richness that I have never had from Prime beef. Overall, a cool experience, but I will not likely buy another one anytime soon!

This was the first time I have done a brisket with no leftovers!

Last edited:
I actually was fighting my Fireboard the last part of the cook, and by the time it was done, everyone was ready to eat! That 5 lb flat was GONE! It was actually really good, but I do not think it was worth the money I paid! I have had Prime that was pretty close in overall flavor, but there was a buttery richness that I have never had from Prime beef. Overall, a cool experience, but I will not likely buy another one anytime soon!

This was the first time I have done a brisket, and there were no leftovers!
Actually, my brother in law may have pics, let me see if he can send them!

Back