Vortex “Dog Food” drummettes and flappers

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Thanks Rich Dahl for the “dog food“ reference!

F656EB44-43C0-421D-A9A9-A6681D3A25BA.jpeg
I wanted something quick and easy, did a cider baked acorn squash as the side, (that was oven so, no pictrue) a squeeze of mandarin orange juice and tons of butter. You all know what squash looks like.
Perfect Manhattan.

Looks great.

Dog Food?
I started using that term for the marked down meat in the meat department a few years ago. But now there isn't much available due to the shortages in supplies. I used to pick up steaks, roasts and espically tri tips for 50-75% off. Usually, they were coming up on their "sell by date". For the most part those days are gone.
Now when they have chicken on sale at Frys or Safeway for $.99 lb. I get there on the day the sale starts at 6am when the store opens. Because if you don't, they will be sold out by about noon.

Last edited:
Ha!
And here I thought I was the “king of thrift” and now I find out there are people (meaning you Rich :)) that start their discounted meat shopping at 6:00am?
I need to step my game up :).

I just don’t get moving that early most of the time (06:00) at least not for those deal dives. I guess maybe I should!?

I just don’t get moving that early most of the time (06:00) at least not for those deal dives. I guess maybe I should!?
I'm an early riser. I get up at 5 am every morning no alarm needed. On the weekends I get up at 4 am because Barb works 6 am until 11 am every Sat & Sun. I make her an Egg McRich to take to work because it's a little too early to have breakfast. Barb leaves for work at 5:15. At about 6:30 the dogs wander out from the bedroom, and I feed them. Usually, they just go back to the bedroom and back to sleep. I'll get on the computer for a while and look at the news and of course the forum.

Back