Vintage Sequoia Stir Fry

Jeff Kolodziejski

TVWBB All-Star
Weapons of Choice.

1. Copper Mist Imperial Sequoia
2. One vintage Weber Wok

Today menu was your basic chicken stir fry
Sliced chicken breast marinated in Sesame Ginger Stir Fry sauce. Veggies of carrots, broccoli, water chestnuts, sugar snap peas, baby corn, mushrooms, and sweet red pepper.
Wok sauces include sesame ginger, hoisin, and stir fry. Topped off with fettucini noodles'
001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

Veggies on!
005.jpg

Chicken on!
007.jpg

Simmerin' away
008.jpg

Enough food for a small army, but that ok cause leftovers are good and it turned out great!

Thanks for looking!
009.jpg

Originally posted by John Solak:
nice looking stir fry!! Is that wok carbon steel? If so you need to season it.

John, I think it is carbon steel...it feels too heavy to be aluminum. Its much heavier AND bigger than the newer style 22" Weber wok.

Jim, the cooking grate comes out when using this wok, and yes, the bottom of the wok was about 2" from the coals.

Richard...it fed all 2 of us!!!

Troy, this wok has brackets on the sides that allow it to fit the 18.5 or 22.5 perfectly. Cool design by Weber for sure!

Now, that is what i call a wok, both the meal and the wok itself. The largest one I can find here is a measly 12"..

VeryNice Jeff!
I did not know you actually USED your grills.
icon_wink.gif

Fantastic lookin' dinner AND breakfast!

How cool is that? Awesome!

We just recently started doing stir frys on the grill. So fun. Yours looks perfect!

Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
VeryNice Jeff!
I did not know you actually USED your grills.
icon_wink.gif

Fantastic lookin' dinner AND breakfast!

Jim...there are cookers and lookers! I actually use about 8 of my grills to cook on.

Thanks everyone for the compliments!

Jeff, Awesome vintage cook. I would trade my 90's SS wok for one of those in a heartbeat!

Where did you manage to find Kikkoman Hoisin? I have seen just about everything they make but can never find their Hoisin.

Back