Vintage Genesis lid colors

charcoal: not a color I have seen before. Is that a thing or is it just another color that looks different due to lighting.

I am probably not the best guy to collect this list of lid colors as I am color blind. hahahha
Bruce I have another one in my shed. It is Charcoal colored. It is not Black or any faded color

Ed, burnt umber and raw umber are both brown but the burnt is deeper.
There is also burnt Sienna and raw Sienna in the artist lexicon,,both named for the regions in Italy where the pigment was first produced.

OK, I am just going to go with the list on that color chart and add "Grey" and "Stainless" to that list.

Black
Jet Black
Mica Black
Mica Blue
Dark Blue
Mica Green
Green
Red
Mauve
Burgundy
Maroon
Chocolate
Brown
Grey
Stainless

Can anyone think of any colors that are not on this list?

I think you got it. Don’t start with kettle colors or we will be at this for weeks!

I wonder how many of us could distinguish maroon from burgundy or brown from chocolate or black from “jet black?”

Honestly, I can really only ID a couple of those individual colors. I am sure I have rehabbed some of those colors not even knowing it wasn't really the regular "black" or burgundy vs brown vs maroon and I thought there was two shades of green and now I know there is for sure. And I always thought "Mauve" was the name for the grey color. LOL. It is tough when you are color blind.

After working on lids for a while I was more concerned with the condition than the color. Other than Blue like Bruce's lid, I was happy to get a "Grade A" lid - No fade, solid porcelean finish, no rust, no dents, no dings, etc.

Honestly, I can really only ID a couple of those individual colors. I am sure I have rehabbed some of those colors not even knowing it wasn't really the regular "black" or burgundy vs brown vs maroon and I thought there was two shades of green and now I know there is for sure. And I always thought "Mauve" was the name for the grey color. LOL. It is tough when you are color blind.
Me too!

Back