Vintage Genesis lid colors

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I would like to start a poll to determine the preferred lid colors on the vintage Genesis grills. But I do not have a full list. If someone has a full list, could you please message me with it? If not, you can just post colors you know of, not necessarily the color you prefer. But make sure someone else hasn't posted it already.

EDIT: THis is just colors, not logos or lid shapes.
Thanks all.

Last edited:
Here's a start:

Maroon
Green
Red
Black
Blue
Grey
Brown

Are pinstripes considered cheating? I have never seen a grey without pinstripes.

EDIT: And stainless. Stainless is out of bounds, I would say. Vintage is defined as pre-2000, yes?

Last edited:
No, stainless is in play. As long as it is a Silver/Gold/Platinum style so basically up to 2006.

Ok, so far then we have:

Maroon
Green
Red
Black
Blue
Grey
Brown
Stainless

But I think the early blue is a lighter blue than the later blue, so maybe we should have light blue and ocean blue?

Still looking for more colors. I can't think of any others except for the burnt orange ones. Anyone know what color I am referring too?

The early "lighter blue", although help me out here...is this a specialty color or could anybody walk into a store and buy one of these without the AF logo?

1603353562929.png

Crop 'em so that only the lid color is considered.

Last edited:
When you say grey do you mean the light grey with pinstripes? I had a special edition 1100 that was made for Target that was a very dark grey, I believe called “mica.” I thought it was black when I picked it up.

A grey without pinstripes

1603353289994.png

and a grey with pinstripes

1603353383257.png

I call foul for pinstripes...what do you think?

Last edited:
When you say grey do you mean the light grey with pinstripes? I had a special edition 1100 that was made for Target that was a very dark grey, I believe called “mica.” I thought it was black when I picked it up.
Are we calling that "mica"? It's kind of misleading, like taupe and mauve and burnt umber, although the "burnt" kind of gives it away... what color is umber before it is burnt?

Last edited:
The early "lighter blue", although help me out here...is this a specialty color or could anybody walk into a store and buy one of these without the AF logo?

View attachment 16492

Crop 'em so that only the lid color is considered.

Ed,
That lid is actually a AFF lid. It stands for American Frozen Foods.
Appears the last "F" rubbed away on the sticker.

Jeff

No logos, no pin stripes, just overall main lid color. Otherwise we would have a list a mile long.

This is what I have so far:
Maroon
Green
Red
Black
Blue
Grey
Brown
Stainless
Mauve (or whatever the color is with the red pin stripes) It seems to be different than the plain and lighter grey lid.

I have not seen that lighter blue like the one with the AFF logo with out the logo. So, I am not sure we should consider that color or not. Has anyone seen that light blue without a logo?

charcoal: not a color I have seen before. Is that a thing or is it just another color that looks different due to lighting.

I am probably not the best guy to collect this list of lid colors as I am color blind. hahahha

Oh, I just remembered this graphic that someone had posted a while back. This makes it all the more confusing. I dont even see the gray's listed. Three shades of Black. Three shades of brown. I guess the Mica Blue would be what the AFF Logo lid is.

Weber Gas Grill Colors.jpg

Back