Vintage Electro-Grill anyone?

Greg Massey

I found a pristine, never used Electro-Grill . Mint condition. I have never heard of this Company.
The lid says Beatrice manufacturers from Bristol Wisconsin . I plugged it into the socket
and it works perfectly.

39216446-8CB7-41DC-B5FC-ADC47BCE065B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bristol is not far from me. It is just little east of Madison, WI. Never heard of this outfit though. Very interesting though.

Wow! That's a really cool one. Looks like it is rotisserie compatible, too. I have never heard of that one, but that's part of the fun of this hobby. There is always something new to learn.

Super cool. That cart is exceptional

I've got a lot of smaller newer extremely high end electric grills near me and I'm really debating on picking one up cheap for tailgating/camping (we have power at the sites).

What's the electric grill cooking experience like?

I have used a Q140 many times. I even had one for camping since the electric was free. But, they take too long to heat up and maintain heat IMO. Otherwise, they cook fine.

This grill has a 110 outlet socket on the bottom of the fire box. It’s flush with the bottom. that is where
plugin the rotisseri. It has never been grilled on. as far as history I think it’s very early 1960 vintage.
Made by Beatrice Food conglomerat. (Now defunct) I can find very little information on this grill.
I do not intend to cook on it.

This grill has a 110 outlet socket on the bottom of the fire box. It’s flush with the bottom. that is where
plugin the rotisseri. It has never been grilled on. as far as history I think it’s very early 1960 vintage.
Made by Beatrice Food conglomerat. (Now defunct) I can find very little information on this grill.
I do not intend to cook on it.

Is that the small rectangular thing on the bottom left of the photo? Lol not a great place for an electrical connection.

Probably a side business of Charmglow. Wonder what year it was made?

Charmglow Gas BBQ Grill History and Gas Barbecue Grill Replacement Parts
by GRILLREPAIR on JANUARY 14, 2011
Charmglow gas barbeque grills are a product of the now-defunct Beatrice Foods Company that was established way back in 1894. The company had more than 70 different brands of various food and kitchen products before it was sold off brand-by-brand to various bidders. Charmglow, while owned by the company that became MHP processed the very first patent for a gas barbeque over 30 years ago. Charmglow barbeque grills ultimately ended up with Home Depot that sells several different models through its outlets.

CHARMGLOW PLANT MOVES
CHICAGO TRIBUNE - August 30, 1986
Chicago-based Atcor Inc. said its Charmglow division, a maker of gas barbecue grills, moved its manufacturing facility from Bristol, Wis., to Du Quoin, Ill., where operations of Atcor`s Turco division are located.

You may be on to something there because the handle on that grill reminds me of the handle that was on out Charmglow gas grill growing up. The grill was late sixties or early seventies.

I once worked in a factory that made electric grills....in Ocean Township, NJ.
Electric Char-B-Que. I lasted 4 days before I quit.

Attachments

• Char-B-Que-Grill-Indoor-Electric-Portable-Avocado.jpg
    Char-B-Que-Grill-Indoor-Electric-Portable-Avocado.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 11
I pondered over this for several days. I wanted a place to protect my Stereo equipment in my shop.
since this was a virgin grill I decided to remove the guts and rework it as a Stereo cabinet.
if I ever decide to use it as a grill or sell it, it’s a drop in to put in working order. No parts were modified.EB146132-D5EF-4FBC-8D7D-5DEB24D43BA0.jpegE2346A97-69BB-44CA-AB88-024F97820C86.jpegE2346A97-69BB-44CA-AB88-024F97820C86.jpeg

Last edited:
Now that's pretty creative and a cool way to save the originality of that grill. Looking at your new pictures, the handle DOES look like the one I have seen on pictures of some old Charmglow gas grills. So, I think we know a little more.

Your idea makes me think how funny/cool that would be to do the same with a Genesis 5000 that has those glass doors just like my stereo cabinet from college days. I can just see it now. "Honey, I am taking out our current entertainment center and replacing it with THIS!" :ROFLMAO:

I’m very late to the party here, but do you still have the heating element for this grill that you might be willing to sell? My dad has had one of these for 40 years but can’t find replacement elements anymore. His Electro-Grill hasn’t worked in 20 years but he’s still keeping it in storage in hopes of finding a replacement element. He used to order them from the manufacturer but they went out of business a while back.

Attachments

• FF29D4D2-E919-4230-8E74-0B0AA66AD840.jpeg
    FF29D4D2-E919-4230-8E74-0B0AA66AD840.jpeg
    166.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 5F258007-4E09-416B-BD00-7EC11C436EBC.jpeg
    5F258007-4E09-416B-BD00-7EC11C436EBC.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 7

Back