Vietnamese shrimp and blackened AK cod

Cod is my 3rd favorite fish. Halibut, Dorado, then Cod. (Ling then Rock) and Shrimp on the Barbecue, is as good as it gets 👍🏻

Cod is my 3rd favorite fish. Halibut, Dorado, then Cod. (Ling then Rock) and Shrimp on the Barbecue, is as good as it gets 👍🏻
TJs sells cod IQF around 3 loins in a frozen pack. Perfect sized meal for 2 people without a lot of fuss.

This was AK cod. It cooked up nicely. Better than CI pan seared which I jacked up last week.

Ours are salmon, tuna, Hali, shrimp, lobster, scallops, cod, dorado, swai, rockfish and sea bass.

Plate it, taco it, pasta it, rice it, it don’t matter it, we love grilled fish.

My wife’s favorite is Salmon too. I guess my ranking might be based on catching, as that’s also the order of my favorite fishing

I love seafood.
My favorites constantly change.
The other week we had local rockfish and I thought those were the best.
In a week or so when I dig into the our local clams I’m probably going to say the same thing.
Most all seafood tastes good to me.

I love seafood.
My favorites constantly change.
The other week we had local rockfish and I thought those were the best.
In a week or so when I dig into the our local clams I’m probably going to say the same thing.
Most all seafood tastes good to me.
our favorite seafood is the ones that are fresh. so long as you're eating fresh fish, shells or gills, it's all good. and prepping fish to eat is so easy. dinner in less than 30 minutes for what is usually a healthy and light meal. our goal this year is to consume even more fish than in years past. the older we get, the less we feel like we want to eat heavy, dense proteins.

you got me thinking a nice cioppino is in the works soon. with some crusty evoo toasted bread and vino.

I’d love to know how to make a good cioppino Brett so I’m looking forward to seeing your cook if you’d be willing to post it.

Our tides are starting to change back to low tides during the day and I can’t wait to start getting fresh local clams again.

I think you nailed it when you said fresh.

Very nice and healthy meal. I need to get back to healthy now tha t the holiday heavy meals are past. The sun was out so I cleaned up the twin WSKs and the Traeger.

Very nice and healthy meal. I need to get back to healthy now tha t the holiday heavy meals are past. The sun was out so I cleaned up the twin WSKs and the Traeger.
I played catch up on outdoor cooks. Felt great to be outside with sun on my face and the smell of charcoal rolling.

I’d love to know how to make a good cioppino Brett so I’m looking forward to seeing your cook if you’d be willing to post it.

Our tides are starting to change back to low tides during the day and I can’t wait to start getting fresh local clams again.

I think you nailed it when you said fresh.

i've riffed this one many times: https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/san-francisco-seafood-stew

it's authentic SF style. hearty and filling. add whatever fish you like and clams, muscles and shrimp right at the end so as to not overcook them.

Vietnamese shrimp and blackened AK cod < You're waking up the fish lovers Brett.​

My favorite fish that i'v caught and cooked/seared/sashimi = Yellowfin tuna, Bluefin tuna, Albacore, Yellowtail, Ling Cod the greener the better,
Sheepshead, Halibut, Sculpin << I used to make sculpin omelettes when I fished every week.

Store bought Monk fish, I cooked some monk fish in the air fryer when it was pouring rain last week, man the fish was delicious, but the house smelled like fish for three days. Boo

Vietnamese shrimp and blackened AK cod < You're waking up the fish lovers Brett.​

My favorite fish that i'v caught and cooked/seared/sashimi = Yellowfin tuna, Bluefin tuna, Albacore, Yellowtail, Ling Cod the greener the better,
Sheepshead, Halibut, Sculpin << I used to make sculpin omelettes when I fished every week.

Store bought Monk fish, I cooked some monk fish in the air fryer when it was pouring rain last week, man the fish was delicious, but the house smelled like fish for three days. Boo
sometimes i feel like i'm the only one grilling/eating fish/seafood on this forum. i get it that many don't eat/like or can get fresh fish. but you're missing out if you're not cooking or grilling seafood, IMO.

we have so many great options for our grills. let's expand that repertoire! there's plenty-o-time for burgers, steaks and dogs this summer.

i really want to go tuna fishing this year. hopefully time will allow it.

pickens are slim right now: https://wildlife.ca.gov/Fishing/Ocean/Regulations/Fishing-Map/SF-Bay

Ranch99 had a very solid selection of fresh and live fish last week. Need to go back and buy some. And have them run it through their deep fryer if that's the option.

sometimes i feel like i'm the only one grilling/eating fish/seafood on this forum. i get it that many don't eat/like or can get fresh fish. but you're missing out if you're not cooking or grilling seafood, IMO.
I've been busy and I haven't been taking many pics of my recent cooks. I would eat fish five days a week given the choice.

I seared Ahi in cast iron a week ago when it was pouring rain and windy out. Went in to smoking hot CI black pepper crust, seared hard but nearly raw in the middle. Served with rice and snow peas tossed in the wok with trace of oil, then finished with ginger and soy.

Last night I made shrimp scampi with linguini. I didn't get home until 6.20pm and it took about 30 mins to thaw and prep the shrimp. The cook starts when the linguini pasta goes in boiling water and it's all done and plated about 10 mins later.

Back