Vieluxe by weber

AaronP

TVWBB Fan

this just popped up close to me. too bad it is natural gas. has anyone ever seen one of these in real life?

Yah, that was probably a $3000 to $4000 grill back in the day. But, like the Summit, the support and parts availability are lacking...even more so with the Vielux. Aside from that, they are supposed to be very good grills. But I have never met one before. They are pretty scarce. I haven't even seen one posted for sale around here in over a year.

The cool thing is everything wrong with the Summit is "right" with the Vielux. I have seen one brand new in the flesh. Truly a thing of beauty. IIRC at the time I saw it $6500! Basically everything that can corrode away is made of 304SS like my Wolf is. That would be worth installing a NG line for

Basically, non-existent. Weber seems to have tried to bury this beautiful machine's memory as a probably expensive wasted effort. I think it is possible that a few 1st generation Summit parts MIGHT work on it - stuff like igniters, but other than that you are looking at fabricating anything you need. The good news is that it so incredibly well built (by hand) that you shouldn't need to replace a lot. Still, it is definitely an orphan and would not be the easiest machine to keep going. A person buying one would do well to be sure they are getting one in working order.

Yep, those are a rabbit hole I wouldn't want to go down unless the rabbit hole was very inexpensive and looked like it was in good shape to start with.

LOL, right Jon. But that motto has kept me out of some regrettable situations already. Another motto that has served me well in Grill rehabbing is: "There will always be another one. Just be patient."

Or a 100 gallon propane tank
But it's a NG grill. So no matter how large a tank it won't work on it.
As for parts. Many 1st gen Summit parts will fit it since this unit preceded the Summit Gen1 and Weber seems to have based the Summit gen1 off this grill. As for "needing" parts really burners might be the only thing these would need. Everything in these grills was 304 stainless and I am sure will outlast most of us still floating around on this blue orb. As long as it was undamaged I would not be afraid to buy one. They're really built as indestructible

I talked to the guy yesterday. He thinks he has the parts to convert it to propane. The story is, his dad was the original owner and he died in 2012. He got the house and the grill. He must be using the house as a summer place because he said the grill has not been used since or much since his dads passing. Its obvious he has doesn't know much about the grill because he thinks you can buy parts for it at ace in town. If he has propane parts its a no brainer for me.

Aaron,
Looks like you have your chance to own an incredible grill and part of Weber's history! Let us know what you decide to do.

Back