Vieluxe 44 Restoration

Nope but IIRC the burners on a gen 1 Summit are the same ones. I know when Jon got my Summit I gave him extras that were in excellent shape. Maybe he can sell you what you might need
Summit burners are still available but according to this thread they are 1/2” shorter and from inspection, Vieluxe burners seem to be much more resistant to corrosion

Post in thread 'Vieluxe Rebuild'
https://tvwbb.com/threads/vieluxe-rebuild.86010/post-979111

I’m going to pull a burner from my Summit 450 to confirm

Hail Mary solution may be to add 1/2” extension to each valve on manifold and order new summit burners

Those things are toast...But I don't know if there is any source for them any more.

Summit burner on left

IMG_7848.jpeg
IMG_7849.jpeg

Summit on top - face of orifice is right at end of burner
IMG_7850.jpeg

I’m going to use my unused NG manifold to check out some ideas
1 find some type of threaded extension to place orifice within summit burner
2 use aluminum HVAC tape to create a sleeve that will bridge gap between valve and burner

I would look at extending the other end of the burner so that it seats correctly. Probably simpler and safer.
With the original Vieluxe burner the first orifice is already closer to the front panel than the last orifice is to the rear

Unsure why the flames are not ‘centered’ between front and back, but that would explain why the flavorizer bar cradles/hangers on the front were more deteriorated than back

IMG_7851.jpeg

IMG_7852.jpeg

I installed one of my Summit burners in the Vieluxe and got it to light. Not sure if the orifice placement is affecting the air fuel mix but it could also be the lack of a crossover
IMG_7854.jpeg
IMG_7855.jpeg

The orifice is just inside the burner opening and there is a slight gap that needs to be filled

Let me know what you guys think

Let it burn a while. After you mess with the burners, some of the crud gets loosened and burns off giving the yellow flames.

Did you clean the tubes?

O would not mess with any adjustments right now. Just look into whether or not you can fit them. Not having the Xover is a huge issue as it's a gaping hole with gasses coming out. Also wait until the burners are fully cleaned, valves are serviced and so on. Right now looks like you're gonna be fine. IIRC the 2nd gen Summit burners are slightly longer and easier to find. But, the Xover tubesare in the middle so, you'd need to rig a small shield (flavorizer) over them. Or maybe you can put a plug in that center hole and drill new ones out where the original XOver tube would go

I was able to extract the 2 remaining Vieluxe burners without damage - they are in much better shape than my Summit burners

And much more substantial - 40% heavier

IMG_7857.jpeg

IMG_7858.jpeg

Other than the mounting tab expanding due to corrosion (making them difficult to remove - no different than summit) they look totally serviceable

I am thinking maybe fabricate some kind of hanger to support the original Vieluxe burners that I broke. They broke at the pinch welds that seal the end and transition to the flat part with tab that inserts into mounting slots. Totally my fault - I should have been more careful

Rchin. I don't think you were the problem. It would be tough to break those ends off a serviceable burner. You would have to try in my opinion. I would be concerned that they are not compromised in other areas of the burner.

Rchin. I don't think you were the problem. It would be tough to break those ends off a serviceable burner. You would have to try in my opinion. I would be concerned that they are not compromised in other areas of the burner.
Yes, I would clean them up a little bit first to make sure they aren't rusted out underneath all the crud first.

The Vieluxe burners were in such good shape that I was lulled into complacency removing them and busted out my dead blow hammer - yikes

20 yo Vieluxe burners that destroyed flavorizer bars and smoke diffusers on top of the main bars look better than my 3-4yo Summit burners that I have babied and am still using the original 20yo flavorizer bars

I cleaned one up (left) and paired it with Summit (right) with new crossover

I think I have an idea for a hanger that I will run by Dave Santana

IMG_7865.jpeg

This is first grill I’ve had with infrared rotisserie burner

Does this burn pattern look right?
I expected it all the way across the ceramic

IMG_7842.jpeg

Sorry, I meant across all of the ceramic - top to bottom and left to right

The entire surface was fouled and greasy intitially and I ran it on high for about 30min so far - the stripe down the middle appeared fairly quickly but hasn’t changed since

Is there any way to tell for sure if the orifice was changed from NG to LP?

Back