Vieluxe Rebuild

Jack McClennen

I have a Vieluxe 56 I want to rebuild. thinking of gutting and using 1st gen. summit parts.
Has anyone done this, I am open to any and all suggestions

thx, Jack

Jack when you sent the PM you indicated you had a Summit Platinum you wanted to use for parts. That is a 2nd generation Summit not a 1st gen. Just an FYI there

The Vieluxe is the ultimate "Unicorn" of Weber grills. You might be able to use some FIRST generation Summit parts as you state. Still, you better be prepared for some custom fabrication work. These are fantastic grills but not for faint of heart when it comes to parts.

I'll admit I'd never heard of that model until perusing around on the forum a few years ago. But I feel like if you ever see one you just buy it instantly, and figure out the details later, knowing you are in for a job.

The Vieluxe is in really good shape and built like a tank! My thought is rather than dick around with fix this and that is just refit with new top to bottom. I just don't want to reinvent the wheel the long way. Looking for anyone's input on the best hardware. What generation Summit to convert it to? I don't mind some new fabrication to refit burners, Flavor bars etc... I don't want to coble it together I want to retro fit a complete system... any thoughts?

I started a thread of one i did a few months ago. Early summit burners will work if yours are bad. There is a guy on cl that makes new flavor bars. Here is my thread

Reactions: Loc
I have a Vieluxe 44" and will be posting a thread on the work I have done shortly. Here is a picture of an original burner next to a summit burner. They are almost identical, except the summit burner is about 1/2 of an inch shorter. Which causes a problem with getting it to fit in. If you try to adapt it to sit back, the holes get really close to the edge of the firebox. if you try to put it in there is a gap from the gas nozzle to the end of the burner. The clean shinny one is the summit burner bar. You can find those here - https://www.grillparts.com/grill-burner/default.asp?product_id=40428

Burners.jpeg

If you want to retrofit them, contact the guy above who makes the flavorizer bars. His shop is less than a mile from my house and i have been there multiple times. I showed him these and and he might be willing to work with you on a way to modify them.

Cant u just make the end tab longer? I have a set also, but cleaned my originals up and am still using them but i would like a spare set.

Back