Upside down GrillGrates - I could get used to this. Quick Sausage sammiches

Steve R

TVWBB Member
Ok y'all, from my post last night, some of you may know that I was just gifted a used and well cared for set of GrillGrates. I cleaned them up a bit and got right to cooking on them, but inverted. I have been looking for a good grill skillet for awhile. I don't need something for pancakes or anything like that, but these things are awesome inverted. It's like I got a brand new grill!

Did some quick sweet Italian sausages and some peppers. I've heard how great the GG's are for grill marks when used right side up, but wow, I can't get over how perfect they are as a skillet type of surface.

16389830707_36f5f575e0.jpg

16574623522_4eeaf80f5a.jpg

16389826247_2f99808950.jpg

16388292890_af91f26209.jpg

16575765135_578c76bae6.jpg

Last edited:
I use my Grillgrates upside down more often than not. Burgers turn out awsome on the flip side. Nice cook btw.

Last edited:
I use them both ways and when used the normal way are superb for burgers and actually sausages to as the drippings get atomized and come back into the meat during the cook. Either way your cook came out great with one of my favorite meals

Good lookin meal you made with your new GrillGrates. Sometimes I like grill marks, and other times I like to flip them over
to make breakfast. But not at the -8F we had this morning.

Wow Steve - that is a handy piece of equipment to have. Great looking brats and burgers too...

Regards,

John

Back