Turkey Drummies!

GlenM

TVWBB Member
Been a hot start to spring here hit 32c yesterday (sunday) so lots of yard work to do, easy dinner is needed for when we finish. Brinned some trimmed Turkey legs salt, brown sugar & garlic for 6 hrs

The mad doctors concoction

Put them in a foil tray placed drummies on foil balls and poured some pepsi & water in foiled wrapped and smoked on here with my wattle wood, Gee my smoker is looking sad...time for some tlc!!!

After three hrs i un-covered cleaned everything out and poured my sauce over and ran for another 3 hrs

Came out fantastic so tender and the taste with the sauce - in case anyone is interested that sauce was a local Kakadu plum sauce mixed with the baby rays hickory & brown sugar, some chili powder, garlic powder & oinion powder

My camera is terrible at indoor pics but here's the plated finish........remember big gardening, car servicing day so lazy meal again..chips!...we will get back to including rabbit food this week i promise but these sort of meals are handy after big days ;)

Last edited:
That looks delicious Glen. Oh and I met an Old Gent a few years ago he had been smoking on an old side burner like yours for three decades. Yours looks a lot like his. He said he smoked pretty much every other weekend on it and he loved it.

Back