Try this at home

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Room temp, boring lookin' chuck eyes seasoned with EVOO, Penzey's (salt-free)Adobo, Cumin,​
fresh ground pepper and a shake or two of Penzey's Chicago Steak seasoning.

DSCN3130.JPG

high heat, like, 3 minutes each side.

DSCN3133.JPG

diced up some Idaho russets with a coupla sweet onions and tossed in some old withered jalapenos.

DSCN3134.JPG

served with "hand picked"(by yours truly)crispy-fresh peppered-green beans.

DSCN3136.JPG

I'm still eetin' good!​
Thank you for visiting, very much appreciated!

Jim, I would absolutely love to try this at home. So.......if you could just send me a plate in the next hour, all will be good!!!!!:cool:

Fantastic job on the chuck eyes, taters and beans. Looks delicious!!!

I can find tri-tips every day of the week, but I'm still looking for those chuck eye steaks! You're killin' me Jim! Great looking plate of food!

I can find tri-tips every day of the week, but I'm still looking for those chuck eye steaks! You're killin' me Jim! Great looking plate of food!

I wonder why we can't get chuck eyes in so. Cal. I wonder if I ask the butcher he cut it for me or direct me to place I can get them. Your right tri-tip is always there. Jim your a lucky man. All I can get is regular chuck steaks😭

I wonder why we can't get chuck eyes in so. Cal. I wonder if I ask the butcher he cut it for me or direct me to place I can get them. Your right tri-tip is always there. Jim your a lucky man. All I can get is regular chuck steaks

Check Vons. I've been finding chuck eye steaks lately there. Really is an awesome deal compared to say a rib eye steak, and I've had some really nice ones for around $3

Check Vons. I've been finding chuck eye steaks lately there. Really is an awesome deal compared to say a rib eye steak, and I've had some really nice ones for around $3

I just stopped by Von's. they had something labeled cross rib chuck steaks. That's not the same thing is it? Sure didn't look like Jim's pics....

Nice cook Jim!

California guys: I'd feel bad for you if you couldn't already buy tri tips cheaper than dog food.

Back