Tri Tip

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Same old song and dance but this is my favorite way to have tri tip.

We are going somewhere this evening so nothing to drink during this cook and it really threw my timing off and I also forgot to take pics before things off the grill.

Tri tip, Ranch Style beans with ham and some chicken thighs.
IMG_1831.jpg

Tri tip done. Thought I overcooked it but was still juicy and tender inside. Of course I forgot to take a pic of it sliced.
IMG_1834.jpg

Plated Tri tip on some cheesy garlic bread, with bbq sauce added, beans and some Kentucky Fire Crackers (Google it, they are simple to make and awesome!!)
IMG_1838.jpg

John this is not the same old song. It's new to me. I never had tri- tip. What temp is it suppose to be pulled off the grill?

I like to take them to 120-125*F internal. I wouldn't take it over med though. I have heard of cooking them low and slow to 200*F but never tried it though.

Tri tip and chicken thighs!? Beautiful plate! Of course grilling without drinking is a crime in San Diego. :D

Mom gave us the recipe for the fire crakers last year - they're awesome. We can't find tri-tip here in Alabama so I have to order them. It arrives Fri along with some ground Buffalo among various other cuts and a few Piedmontese Beef cuts. Yours looks great. I've only done one before and I am really looking forward to the arrival.

I have a tri tip in the freezer, you have inspired me to pull it out and fire up the coals! Never cooked a full roast, just the strips from costco. Tri tip is my new favorite beef cut! Nice job on your cook!

An EXCELLENT lookin' Tri Tip John!
I think I could eet tri tip once a week!
Is it available anywhere in your city?

Great looking tri-trip! I can get 'em here but they are pricey, but worth it. Like the sides too, especially the crackers. Make them all the time.

Back