Tri Tip pricing

Jeffery

TVWBB Member
Recently I've been buying Tri Tip for the first time in my area, $5.75 or so per lb nice trimmed cryovac roasts, what are members here paying per lb were it is available to you? thanks

IIRC,at Trader Joe's, we were paying $8-9/pound. But we found a better/closer source for them. Earth Fare,a smaller competitor to Whole Foods,has some amazing tri tips for $9-10/pound and durn well worth it!
And,IIRC,at the Sam's in Texarkana last summer,we paid $8-9/pound for decent tris.

Have been paying 6.95 a lb at a local butcher shop. Waiting to see what the current round of beef price increases will do to that price though.

In Northern California (Sacramento) I can find it anywhere from 5.99lb to 7.99lb. It all depends on the day. What really ****es me off is the fluctuation with Asparagus. some days its going for 1.49lb and other days at the same store they want 5.99lb. BS I say.

7.99-9.99lb, but I find them marked down all the time at Wal Mart and Kroger for close to 1/2 price.

In San Diego Albertsons has usda choice untrimmed on sale this week for $3.99lb. Normally we pay around $5.99lb. I'm stocking my freezer today.

Bill

What really ****es me off is the fluctuation with Asparagus. some days its going for 1.49lb and other days at the same store they want 5.99lb. BS I say.
Steve, believe it or not, I've seen 'Gus at 7.99lb
told the produce department manager that she should be ASHAMED of herself AND her store for charging that price... and if they're trying to cover their costs, then they shouldn't have bought it to begin with.

San Francisco/San Jose area, usually $8-10/lb. I usually buy 2-4 when they go on sale for $5.99/lb. trimmed. I don't like buying untrimmed because there was so much fat to trim myself and I'm paying for that fat.

Wow!!! I convinced the butcher to order some, ...when it first arrived it was $3.15 a pound, it's gone over so well it up to $4.50 a pound now, ...we have one on the Genesis as I type.

Back