Tri Tip on weber Q

I have seen and done it different ways depending on how you want to do it.
Sear or reverse sear you will need a way to set up for indirect cook. On the Q that means elevating it on a rack with either aluminum foil with perforations here in the US or the nice Weber one they sell in Australia. I would check YouTube. That is how I learned to cook on the Q. Here is a BabyBack Maniac cooking a Tri Tip on a Q video.

I have seen and done it different ways depending on how you want to do it.
Sear or reverse sear you will need a way to set up for indirect cook. On the Q that means elevating it on a rack with either aluminum foil with perforations here in the US or the nice Weber one they sell in Australia. I would check YouTube. That is how I learned to cook on the Q. Here is a BabyBack Maniac cooking a Tri Tip on a Q video.
Joe,Thanks for the video, I will try it out. Probably next week or the week after. I will post the results.

You find one used really cheap, clean it up so it looks pretty, use the excuse that it will save so much $$ in LP and time for small cooks that it pays for it self in a few cooks, and you can always sell it at a profit;-) That is the way that works for me.

Thanks Rich, sorry it took so long to reply, Been in the mtns. and no internet. That is almost exactly how I did it. It came out fine. I only use the Q when camping so I'm not as familiar with it as I am my other smokers and BBQs.

Back