Tri-Tip, ...for a couple of months

Karl Repsher

TVWBB Fan
Hey all,

I heard a rumor the refrigerated meat container that would be arriving at our super market end of February or first of March would have some Tri-Tip in it, went to the store first thing Monday morning, Tuesday morning, nada, Wednesday morning there were five on display in the meat section, I asked the butcher if he had any more, he asked me how many I wanted, ...told him a carton!

One case of New Zealand Angus Tri-Tip sitting on my kitchen counter.

New Zealand Agricultural seal unbroken, direct from moo to me!

46# of goodness.

With the conversion rate it's about $200 worth of beef.

Four cryovac bags in the box with five Tri-Tip in each bag.

Didn't have time to cook a couple until Saturday night, seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder.

Served with some 'shrooms, Santa Maria style Pinquito beans (only I used pink beans) and some home made Texas toast.

It's been couple of months since our last Tri-Tip, going to have to make these last until the next container.

Thanks for looking,

Karl

That is awesome! Seems like a pretty good deal for some pretty good beef. But it looks even better when you have it cooked up!

Nice Score!
It'll be comforting to know that you're set for awhile. I like the tri-tip.

Pete

Hoarders... beef edition.

Just kidding! Nice score. Looks great. I bet you'll have a few new ways of seasoning/cooking them. Good luck!

Beautiful Karl, the cook looks excellent and I am imagining sitting in Tahiti eating such a great meal. Helping me get through this winter

Thanks all for the kind words, I hope they will last at least a couple of months, I'm already getting requests for Tri-Tip for tomorrow!

I think I learned why they don't keep them in stock, the 40' container is for 3 large supermarkets and 5 smaller markets, so if there is any space left after filling the 8 orders they throw in some cartons of Tri-Tip. When we first asked our butcher if he could order some he said they weren't on the approved order list, however, whenever they do send some they disappear real quick.

I apologize for the fuzzy pics, bought a iPod touch with camera and I haven't learned how to use it correctly.

Thanks again for lookin',

Karl

Back