Trader Joe's Peri-Peri on thighs

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
This is part two of two, comparing Nando's Hot to Trader Joe's (no heat level indicated) This is really good, it's all but difficult to say which one is better. The flavor is equally good with both, but if I had to pick, I'd probably say Nando's because it had a small kick to it. I like big kicks, so I ordered Nando's XX Hot and should have it sometime after Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to getting the XX Hot

WB72iW4.jpg

blwMa9L.jpg

MIf73tX.jpg

Q7wnYGU.jpg

I improved my rice tonight, I put some Knorr Caldo De Tomate Con Sabor DePollo (chicken bouillon) It improved the rice exceptionally

The ingredients of TJ's PP

eYYQBNQ.jpg

My daughter's cat. She and my bride are at Disneyland. I'm closing a big deal for the company and couldn't escape. Her cat is a badass, he fits in well here

79zcHEX.jpg

Chuck says that cat is a bad ***, he probably needs extra hot sauce. I think that cat could hold his ground vs. my cats and then some. Could probably fight both my cats with one paw tied behind his back eeeeveeeen... put em up put em up.

1637240642666.png

After my hunting dog died some 10 or more years ago, we were pet less for several years. We were asked to caretake rescued kitties until they were old enough to be adopted. We did that for a couple years (still do) and it ended up that some cats didn't get adopted. Ultimately, some of them became permanent residents. I've come to learn that cats are pretty good pets, you just have to work with them to make them so. I never thought I'd have a cat. Now I have 5 *yikes*

After my hunting dog died some 10 or more years ago, we were pet less for several years. We were asked to caretake rescued kitties until they were old enough to be adopted. We did that for a couple years (still do) and it ended up that some cats didn't get adopted. Ultimately, some of them became permanent residents. I've come to learn that cats are pretty good pets, you just have to work with them to make them so. I never thought I'd have a cat. Now I have 5 *yikes*
When I was growing up, the lady next door had 21. Most were nice and friendly.

I'm in on the TJ's Peri Peri. Marinating chicken halves for 24 hours in a roaster bag. I put on gloves and worked some marinate down into the skin. TJ"s peri peri is going to be plenty hot for my fam. Not sure if I'll cook it on the E6 or Genesis tomorrow.

TJs Peri Peri.jpg

I'm sure it will go over well with the family John. Do the E6, this is too good for the Genny

I'm leaning that way, the weather is cool in STL but not windy, so no excuse not to light up the E6 & throw in a couple of pecan chunks. For chicken halves I'm thinking I'll run 350 to 375F and to check temperatures after 30 minutes or so...

Thanks for sharing. I need a new marinade for chicken, kind of burnt out on my same old recipes. I'm definitely going to give this a try.

I marinated thighs over night, could really use more time. I’m looking forward to trying some Nando’s.

I did the 24 hr marinade on the TJ's Peri Peri, did a 24 hour schmear/marinate on chicken halves, cooked indirect on the E6 with a little pecan smoke. Struggled a bit with cook temp on the E6 because it's a new cooker for me, but in the end, the cook was good. The TJ's peri peri really doesn't have much salt in it (which is good), so the next time I use it, I will probably sprinkle a good amount of salt on the chicken before marinating. I think this stuff might be good on a pork tenderloin as well. Here are a few picsIMG-4227.jpg
IMG-4230.jpgIMG-4231.jpg
Live action photo of my golden retriever "Brooklyn" helping with my forum participation

brookie and me.jpg

Chicken looks great! Definitely sold me on picking up some.

Did some leaves blow off a tree and onto your plate or something? Don't know what that stuff is next to the rice.

That chicken looks great. We like anything TJs although with my meds I can't eat anything hot anymore or it's heartburn city for me.
Love the picture of the golden. Barb and I have shared the lives of six purebred goldens in our forty years of marriage. All of them were rescues, great dogs. Our current one is a golden/husky/coyote mix that we had no intentions of adopting but somehow she wiggled into our lives six years ago and adopted us.
The sweetness of the golden and the chatter of the husky and the hunting skills of the coyote, one fun pup.

Back