Top round Tri tip

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
So we’ve been doing the pick up and go grocery shopping .which honestly I really like. It’s been pretty good. Sometimes they are out of things which is fine. Typically I put no substitutions as we learned early on sometimes the substitution is way off.
So the other day I put in an order amd hve been getting Tri-tip. Well
I forgot to check the no sub box. So they substituted a top round roast. Please note was not charged Tri tip pricing, just charged too round price.
So instead of a great Tri tip meal I had to improvise. Had some Dale’s marinade in the back of the fridge so I marinated the roast over night.
We currently are in fire lock down in town so had to use the Q1200. Cooked to 130°f.
I have been slicing it thin for lunch meat and I have to say it’s been making some really good sandwiches. May have to order another one! Maybe they’ll sub a Tri tip if they are out!

403F8FDD-9A40-44A7-A7B8-51F521AE8C10.jpeg

Nice color I have never heard of that marinade before , what are some of the interesting ingredients Case. I Googled it and found it sounds interesting sort of a Asian influence, I will have to try this one out thanks.

Nice color I have never heard of that marinade before , what are some of the interesting ingredients Case. I Googled it and found it sounds interesting sort of a Asian influence, I will have to try this one out thanks.
Dales is popular in the south. You can order it online from Amazon too.
Here’s a knock off recipe

Looks awesome Cast. I got that same I have the Meater too. Used it for the first time on the Tomahawks. Awesome it gives you internal and pit temp at the same t ime

Looks good Case, not a bad substitution. I enjoy going shopping for grocery's, what I don't enjoy is the dump A** kids that are pushing these huge carts getting grocery's for pickup. I've had two run into me. Or their parking the big cart in the middle of the aisle so no one can get past them while they try to figure out what their supposed to be getting.
I'm done venting now.

Looks good Case, not a bad substitution. I enjoy going shopping for grocery's, what I don't enjoy is the dump A** kids that are pushing these huge carts getting grocery's for pickup. I've had two run into me. Or their parking the big cart in the middle of the aisle so no one can get past them while they try to figure out what their supposed to be getting.
I'm done venting now.
I like picking out meat and veggies. The rest of it I don’t.
I have to say our Safeway pick and go employees are great. There’s three of them at our store and they are super polite and friendly.

Looks awesome Cast. I got that same I have the Meater too. Used it for the first time on the Tomahawks. Awesome it gives you internal and pit temp at the same t ime
I’ve had my MEATER+ for quite a few years now .it’s worked great. There was a period a few months back when the app didn’t work. Then there was an upgrade and it worked again.
Mother MEATER Block (4probe) has us nothing but issues. They sent me 2 new ones and the last one never worked right. Won’t update and won’t connect anymore.
Which is fine I don’t do cooks anymore where I need that many probes.

Looks really good. I haven't cooked a top round in years. I might have to try it again.

Looks really good. I haven't cooked a top round in years. I might have to try it again.
It made great sandwiches. I usually cook several a year. Mostly in the winter months.
I’ve used it a lot for jerky too. Eye round though is my go to for jerky.

Back