todays turkey

Deb

I think it turned out awesome....first 30 min. temp was 400 and after a few adjustments it held 350 the rest of the cook. Thighs were 175 and breast 165 after 2 1/2 hours....perfect. Nice and moist and the little bit of oak was all through the bird. Used a buttery maple glaze at the end. Had blackeyed pea salad, cheesy pots, homemade onion bread, and sweet potato cake.
smoke10.jpg
smoke11.jpg

Looks phenomenal Deb. Nice job.

Do I see a WSM charcoal ring in that kettle, or is it just a drip pan?

Looks good. Turkey is yummy. Just may have to pick one up here after seeing yours.

Thanks for sharing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JimK:
Looks phenomenal Deb. Nice job.

Do I see a WSM charcoal ring in that kettle, or is it just a drip pan? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> A drip pan....I used a mid size roaster and was careful when I swept my ashes so now I got some goody drippings in the freezer to make something with. On the maple, I just melted about 1 1/2 tbl. spoon of butter with 1/2 cup maple syrup, added blk pepper and garlic and brushed it on two different times.....and I could really taste it on that skin too. I'm not a cook that measures a whole lot, unless I bake, and also I kind of just pull out stuff from the cupboard and fridge and see if it works.....sounded good to ME
icon_biggrin.gif
.....though now and then I crash and burn when I do that
icon_redface.gif
, but not a often. Glad you all liked it....thank you.

Looks great!!! I have a turkey in the freezer that is begging to be put on my rotisserie. How long did it take to cook your turkey?

Back