Today's Turkey

RDOwens

TVWBB Super Fan
Today is the decade anniversary of my father's passing. Mom is in town for an event so I took the day off.

Here's dinner:

Last evening was this wonderful ribeye:

RDO, It will be 14 years (Sunday since my dad passed away. No time to frown, as Sunday is also my son's 9th birthday!! I plan on hoisting an Old Milwaukee for my dad and smile for the memories!
Now,
HOLY COW THAT TURKEY LOOKS AWESOME!!! That pic could wind up as an add for Butterball!!! And I can taste the juices from the steak over here!
Great cooks,
Tim

Long time no see RD!

I've never seen a turkey look so good, and a beautiful steak too!

Enjoy your weekend with Mom!

Glad to see you, RD. The bird looks perfect and the ribeye sublime.

I will raise a glass in honor of your father tonight.

Wow nice turkey! Looks real good! Love that apple brine myself! Enjoy your time with your mom!!!!

Great looking family dinner right there! I bet it was appreciated by all.
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Becky M-M:
was the skin crispy? relish your time with mom! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The skin was fairly crispy. I did not smoke this at a high temperature, although I was pleased with the skin. A little olive oil helps!

Thank you everyone for the kind words. Turkey was delicious! Mom was impressed and there are plenty of leftovers.

Yes, it's been a while since I've been posting. I'll see if I can remedy that.
icon_smile.gif

Back