Today's FB MP find... Early Summit Charcoal Komodo

MichaelM

TVWBB Super Fan
I already have the same WSK and love it.. but how do you pass up an early Gen I WSK (E6?) for $100? Wish it had the side table.
Complete with CBs, all the grates and the early folding diffuser plate. The Broil King cover, far larger than is needed, is about $100. The diffuser plate is probably more than $100.

PO said he hasn't used it in ages and by the amount of dirt and dust on it, I'd say that's the truth. Yet, the Snap Jet Ignition fired up on the first click. I don't see any chips in the enamel. The stand is rock solid.

I have no need for so I'll clean it up and flip it..

IMG_8902.PNG

IMG_8903.PNG

I already have the same WSK and love it.. but how do you pass up an early Gen I WSK (E6?) for $100? Wish it had the side table.
Complete with CBs, all the grates and the early folding diffuser plate. The Broil King cover, far larger than is needed, is about $100. The diffuser plate is probably more than $100.

PO said he hasn't used it in ages and by the amount of dirt and dust on it, I'd say that's the truth. Yet, the Snap Jet Ignition fired up on the first click. I don't see any chips in the enamel. The stand is rock solid.

I have no need for so I'll clean it up and flip it..

View attachment 97355

View attachment 97356
I'm on long island also
.PM me would be interested in it if your selling

Looks like a some died sale. Ridiculous price. Kudos to you for acting quickly. What a find!
From what I could gather.. He said he has a gasser and is hardcore on the Blackstone. Got it from his son who wasn't using it and he did the same. Sat in his backyard for a while.

Can't imagine he had no idea what it was worth.. but who knows.

Checked it out last evening while the short ribs cooked on my WSK. I see nothing a-miss. Not going to take much to get it cleaned up. Base frame is steady. Wheels in good order. SnapJet works as mentioned. The CBs were really nasty (which is why I cannibalized them) but all grates look good. Dome hinge works perfectly. I think the cover is a casualty.

Lucky you, Michael!
I don’t know your set up but, if I fell into a deal like that, I’d make a double barreled set up a spare large grill is never overkill. I had both of the “Overperformer” kettles in use this past weekend and was happy that I’d set it up!
A buddy is making one up in aluminum tube stock because he likes mine so much! He’s a machinist with skill (and connections) but, his time is eaten up by the demands at work! He’s going to get the material together and wants it finished by fall.

Lucky you, Michael!
I don’t know your set up but, if I fell into a deal like that, I’d make a double barreled set up a spare large grill is never overkill. I had both of the “Overperformer” kettles in use this past weekend and was happy that I’d set it up!
A buddy is making one up in aluminum tube stock because he likes mine so much! He’s a machinist with skill (and connections) but, his time is eaten up by the demands at work! He’s going to get the material together and wants it finished by fall.
I don't need two.
Want.. nah, don't want two.
I still a Performer, a WSM, a sweet blue 22 and the SJ. Also have a stainless Magma gas Kettle, and a stainless Magma Charcoal Kettle for small cooks and a massive stainless Lynx gasser. If I add anything else it will be a Pizza Oven.

I don't need two.
Want.. nah, don't want two.
I still a Performer, a WSM, a sweet blue 22 and the SJ. Also have a stainless Magma gas Kettle, and a stainless Magma Charcoal Kettle for small cooks and a massive stainless Lynx gasser. If I add anything else it will be a Pizza Oven.
Fair enough.

Back