Today marks one full year with the E6

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Pretty hard to believe but a year has gone bye since getting and building my E6. It was my Father’s Day present to myself last year.

Time really moves fast. I’ve learned a lot of ins and outs with this cooker. And my cook quality hs definitely increased.

I don’t use nearly as much fuel as I did when I started. And I’ve expanded my repertoire way beyond anything I ever could have imagined.

So here’s to another year of innovative and fun cooks.

All you fence sitters considered an E6, feel free to ask away any questions you might have. I’ll do my best to offer a helpful reply.

Cheers to all who have given me positive feedback and encouragement. It’s all appreciated and thanked.

1655700560152.jpeg

It took a few months for me to get one.

Having all the other grills gave me a chance to experiment and put off my purchase.

I think I could get down to three grills with the E6.

It's been 8 months for me. I use it at least twice a week, and (according to my wife) it's increased the quality of the food I make.

I remember being on the fence about the purchase — it is, after all, a lot of money — but seeing how happy you were with yours, after only a few months, convinced me to take the plunge.

Happy anniversary to you both!

I have mine a little over a year. Absolutely love it.

Only change I would like to make is to either make or find a larger SNS basket. I modified the one I bought for my 22 so it fits in the WSC but there are times when I want a larger sear zone. I've tried to be creative with the OE Weber baskets but find them too low overall. Wish Hunsaker would make a Fire Wall for the 24"

I have had my E6 for one year as well. Best grill I’ve ever used. To Brett’s point, once I learned to use less coal in it, things got way different. I use my CBs a lot. However, I do not see the need to SNS or a vortex. I’ve had no issues with 2 (or 3) zone fires or sear zones with them.

That all being said, I want to give a shoutout for the WSM. I did not use either of mine after the E6 till a couple of weeks ago. Did plate ribs and pastrami on the 14. Results were so excellent. I had totally forgotten how wonderful a cooker they are. Definitely plan on using it more.

2.5 years with my Summit Charcoal. Love it more every time I use it, which admittedly has been less frequent since I got the Smokefire

Due to time or just ease of set it and forget it?
Usually time. With six kids and half of them in and out of the house at various times and days during the week and having to pick them up, it’s difficult to dedicate the time for charcoal during the week after work. Which really honestly is a bummer.

But, weekends are for charcoal 9 times out of 10. And holidays are charcoal, although Smokefire comes in for support with Mac n cheese. I still find charcoal to be superior, but I’m amazed at what the Smokefire can produce

Usually time. With six kids and half of them in and out of the house at various times and days during the week and having to pick them up, it’s difficult to dedicate the time for charcoal during the week after work. Which really honestly is a bummer.

But, weekends are for charcoal 9 times out of 10. And holidays are charcoal, although Smokefire comes in for support with Mac n cheese. I still find charcoal to be superior, but I’m amazed at what the Smokefire can produce
Makes perfect sense. Man, you’re hands are full. Three kids over here and I’m exhausted raising them for 26 years. Cooking is mostly fun again, not just programmatic.

Haha yep! It’s mind numbing at times, like when you ask who did what. Magically, no one did it🤣

Four of those six are stepkids

Got my S6 about a year ago too. Love it. Use it for everything and haven't used my Performer or WSM since I got the S6. The Performer is going to my FIL and I will probably sell my WSM.

Back