Timer recommendation.

Arun L.

TVWBB All-Star
Does someone have a timer recommendation with the following features:

1) 2 or 3 timers can be set at the same time.
2) The number of seconds can also be set, not just minutes and hours.
3) Has a loud alarm.
4) Backlight or display stays on for at least a few minutes after the alarm goes off. Ideally the backlight or display would just stay on.
5) Alarm stays on, even if with a decreased frequency, until I turn it off.

* The backlight only stays on for 10 seconds with this one. Also there's a decent amount of reviews that say it's not that loud.

* The backlight only stays on for 1 minute with this one. There's enough complaints that it's hard to see once the backlight turns off.

I have a Thermoworks TimeStack. 4 timers, water resistant, yes you can set seconds (numeric keypad, set directly,) adjustable volume including a microphone for recording your own alarms. I rarely use the backlight, it does turn off after a short period. When the alarms go off, the timer starts counting up and does turn off after something like 2 minutes.

I have a Thermoworks TimeStack. 4 timers, water resistant, yes you can set seconds (numeric keypad, set directly,) adjustable volume including a microphone for recording your own alarms. I rarely use the backlight, it does turn off after a short period. When the alarms go off, the timer starts counting up and does turn off after something like 2 minutes.

Is the display still easy to see without the backlight?

And do you think it's loud enough? There seem to be a decent amount of reviews that say it's not that loud.

Edit: Ok, the Timestack is rated as louder than the Timestick (3 timers). It was the Timestick that people said wasn't loud enough.

Is the display still easy to see without the backlight?

And do you think it's loud enough? There seem to be a decent amount of reviews that say it's not that loud.

Edit: Ok, the Timestack is rated as louder than the Timestick (3 timers). It was the Timestick that people said wasn't loud enough.
If the unlit display wasn't easy to read, I'd turn on the backlight..... TheTimeStack display is also angled backwards so it does get some light. As far as volume.... plenty loud enough for my purposes, and I don't have have to be in the same room with it. YMMV.

I had the timestick ( still do ) but rarely used it.
I have a timers on the ovens, micro, performer.
Also have google and Smarty phone.

I had the timestick ( still do ) but rarely used it.
Also have google and Smarty phone.
I have a ton of timers, including the “Big Loud” from Thermowork, it’s not bad but just a single timer, I have one from ThermPro that will run two and it’s OK. The old Maverick I had for several years was three timers. That was really great until it went for a swim in the dishwater! The three replacements I got from them were all basically crap, didn’t last a month. Very disappointed!

If the unlit display wasn't easy to read, I'd turn on the backlight..... TheTimeStack display is also angled backwards so it does get some light. As far as volume.... plenty loud enough for my purposes, and I don't have have to be in the same room with it. YMMV.

Thanks! I'll go with the TimeStack.

I have a timer on my oven. However, after having it for more than a year, in 2022, I connected it to wi fi for the first time, to see what features I could use when it became a smart oven. As soon as I connected it to wi fi for that first time in 2022, it updated the firmware and changed the timer melody from a series of beeps, to an annoying 11 second melody.

The preheat chime also turned into an annoying 11 second melody.

There was no way to roll the firmware back.

And without knowing what the old firmware was, it was too hard to find a control board with the old firmware, because I didn't know what my old firmware version was.

So, I have been wanting to use something other than my oven timer.

I tried Alexa right now for 2 timers. It's ok. I think I'd like using the TimeStack more.

Glad Timothy knew. I did not. I've only just used it for one. Typically the only thing I use a timer for is pasta. I am a real stickler for properly done pasta.

Since there's no on/off switch, how long does the battery last for you? Do you leave the battery in all the time, or do you take it out and only put it in when needed?

Back