Timer recommendation.

More than a year on the 9v battery. Never take it out.

I've been using the Time Stack for over a month now. I really like it. Thanks.

Functionality is good, and it doesn't have an annoying chime. Which was the main purpose of getting away from my oven chime. After I unintentionally updated my oven's firmware over wi fi in 2022, it changed the chime to an annoying 11 second melody.

I've been using the Time Stack for over a month now. I really like it. Thanks.

Functionality is good, and it doesn't have an annoying chime. Which was the main purpose of getting away from my oven chime. After I unintentionally updated my oven's firmware over wi fi in 2022, it changed the chime to an annoying 11 second melody.
What brand oven?

What brand oven?
Samsung. There's no way to downgrade the firmware.

I thought about replacing the control board, but since I don't know what firmware version I had before the update, I would have just been guessing if I purchased a control board with an old firmware on it, not knowing for sure if the firmware was old enough or not.

And most sellers who sell control boards don't really know what firmware version is on their control boards, either.

Prior to the unintentional firmware update, the timer chime was fine. A series of beeps for 3 seconds.

I had the oven for over a year. Then I decided to see what features I could use if I connected it to wi fi. As soon as I connected it to wi fi, it started updating the firmware on its own. And changed both the timer chime, as well as the pre-heat chime, to different annoying 11 second melodies.

I simply push a button on my Smart Watch, say start a timer for XXXX and when when ready my wrist vibrates. Or I simply say toward my phone "Hey Google" set a timer for XXX and voila. IDK if I can do multiples. I try not to get that complicated but no need for stand alone device

Back