Time to buy?

I have a local guy selling a 2 month old EX4 Smokefire for $550 on offerup because he is moving. It looks brand new and less than 6 cooks on it.
Go for it fast! I have a EX6 and would like a little smaller one for smaller runs to save on pellets.

Been at this stage for about 45 minutes.

Attachments

• 15930465881412206231732145291192.jpg
    15930465881412206231732145291192.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 24
This was initial start up. First thing it did was update software. Then restarted.. downloaded what I think is the firmware then started a shutdown on its own. Just stuck here.

This was initial start up. First thing it did was update software. Then restarted.. downloaded what I think is the firmware then started a shutdown on its own. Just stuck here.
Weird. I haven’t had that problem. I had one time where it took about 25 minutes to shut down but that was the worst. Do you hear anything happening in the grill? Does it sound like it is still shutting down? When that happened to me it the grill had gone through the shut down process but never stated it was completed so I did a manual shut down. It went into improper shut down mode but then finished the shut down in about 5 minutes. I am not sure if that is what I was supposed to do though.

Makes me sorry I pre-ordered an EX-6 at $1299.99. Wonder if its worth contacting Weber for a rebate, this is the second place selling for those prices.

You can’t spell Weber without “We.” Come together and make this Fourth of July special with a Weber grill. Starting tomorrow (June 25) you can save $200 on a Weber SmokeFire or $50 on a Weber Genesis II online or at participating retailers!

This is from Webers Facebook page

I sent this to Weber this morning.

Good Morning Team Weber,

I’m not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this question but…

I saw that the Smokefire pellet grills are on sale, $999.00 / $799.00, on various websites including Weber. I had pre-ordered my EX-6 back in February, paying $1199.00. I was wondering if Weber plans on doing anything for all the loyal folks who pre-ordered and paid $1199.00 / $999.00 for their grills and went through the growing pains of replacement parts, app and firmware updates with you.

That's got to break the hearts of the bean counters at Weber's corporate office :cry: .
If the store is not advertising that price, perhaps it’s the store taking the loss. Could also be the floor model being sold. There doesn’t appear to be a national sale going on.
BBQParts.com must have a good supply! $999 for the EX-6 and $799 for the EX-4:
You were right, Jon Tofte. I was wrong. This is now a nationally advertised price. Weber bean counters --> 😭😭😭

Good luck with your rebate request, John Sully. Weber certainly owes the beta testers early adopters something.

What do we think? Is this an inventory reduction sale, or is Weber trying to blow-out ver.1.0 before rolling out ver. 2.0? 🤔

What do we think? Is this an inventory reduction sale, or is Weber trying to blow-out ver.1.0 before rolling out ver. 2.0? 🤔

I'm beginning to think this thing would end up being like my Apple Watch, where I want to get the new one ever couple years.

I think maybe an attempt to rally sales at a crucial time. Profit margin has to be pretty slim, especially with all the replacement parts, customer service overtime, etc. But Weber just can't afford to lose out in this market. For a lot of people it is the next wave in grilling.

I look for a "II" or maybe "LX" version next year incorporating all the patches and maybe a few other tweaks and mild styling changes. I actually think they did it right as far as how the grill looks, but if I am right they will have to do something to make it look "new."

Back