Throwdown #30: Wrapped in Bacon

Pepper Jack Stuffed Peppers

I hate I did not take more pictures but here is my "Bacon Wrapped" entry!
I few weeks ago I followed Bobs "Bacon Made Easy" thread and brought home the bacon. I made a black pepper slab and a brown sugar slab.

I made these peppers out of my home made, thick cut black pepper crusted bacon!

MMMMMM Bacon...

Black Pepper crusted edges

I simply cut the peppers in half and removed the seeds/insides and stuff with cheese.

I took my long pieces of bacon and cut them in half to make them shorter and then I cut those halfs long wise to make thinner strips.
Have you ever eaten something that took multiple bites to eat but the entire topping (in this case bacon) came off on the first bite?
My theory is if you wrap with two thin strips you get a piece of bacon with both bites.

I setup my kettle to cook indirect. Grill indirect for about 20 mins until the bacon is cooked and the cheese starts to brown.

Thanks for looking!

Those look awesome

Well, just so happens that I am making a new dish in my repitrore. Bacon Wrapped Boneless Ribs... AKA Bacon Lollypops...

Pulled some butts out of freezer, let thaw and cut half frozen (easier) into slices... 1" by 1" by 4"

and then added rub..

Added bacon....

After I let rest in Fridge for a few hrs, I inserted a few skewers, I cut these to 8",

Finished...

These were tender as ALL GET OUT......

Enjoy....

HoleyMoley! LOTS of OUTSTANDING entries so far (a couple of recipes I will copy for sure!)

a suggestion:
I believe adding a photo (or photos) of your creation ON THE GRILL / SMOKER adds points to your entry when folks are voting....

Bacon Wrapped Avocado Appetizers

Another thought for the bacon wrapped throw down.
I stated with an avocado, Philadelphia cream cheese with chives and onions, red &green bell pepper, red onion, Parmesan cheese, fresh herbs of Basil, Oregano, Rosemary and our home made pepper bacon.
S1034499_zpsuqrkcpwf.jpg

Mix the cream cheese, chopped bell pepper, red onion, Parmesan cheese and herbs all together. Cut avocado in half and fill with mixture, wrap with bacon and secure with tooth picks.
S1034505_zpsc6b5p1it.jpg

S1034506_zpszsdnulla.jpg

In pan on Smokey Joe indirect for about 25 to 30 minutes.
S1034514_zpsejwafaqu.jpg

Done, on plate looking good.
S1034519_zpsgrmrt4ps.jpg

S1034521_zpstf3qtfa9.jpg

Scooped out of shell, cut bacon and place avocado and bacon on Triscuit or any type of cracker or baguette.
S1034523_zpsemqaw5pt.jpg

They were delicious and a great appetizer. Thanks for looking.

Camembert in bacon (08-27-2011)

One of my deleted posts here. Reason unknown - I think the number of pictures was more than 10?

P8230509.JPG

P8230511.JPG

P8230515.JPG

P8230526.JPG

P8230528.JPG

P8230534.JPG

P8230537.JPG

P8230540.JPG

P8230543.JPG

Last edited:
Mildo, please share the ingredients this looks fantastic.

Oh Barb, that's four years...:rolleyes:

Camembert brushed EVOO, sprinkled Provance seasoning blend, wrapped in bacon, tied
You can see the potatoes planks on the grate,
cauliflower and broccoli pre-cooked in salted water with garlic,
mushrooms stuffed with salmon (leftovers from previous cooking) sprinkled with grated cheese

P8230544.JPG

... i think:confused:

Well, just so happens that I am making a new dish in my repitrore. Bacon Wrapped Boneless Ribs... AKA Bacon Lollypops...

Matthew - I assume the pit temp was around 250F. Did you have an IT, certain amount of time, or any other factor that you were shooting for that I can replicate? I want to put those in my belly.

Matthew - I assume the pit temp was around 250F. Did you have an IT, certain amount of time, or any other factor that you were shooting for that I can replicate? I want to put those in my belly.

I did it indirect and cooked it till about 195.... It was like Bacon Wrapped Pulled Pork.... Must Try...

Old picture just for fun, good luck to the winner.

Bacon wrapped Scallops in a key lime sauce at June Mtn. closing BBQ Party.

IMG_1269.jpg

Sorry cooked on a Brinkmann BBQ. Weber Q grill took a sh@t, regulator problem with the big gas can.

And a cool pick of me snowboarding in Canada..eh.

7thHeaven-Blackcomb-1-1_zps03557269.jpg

Last edited:
HoleyMoley! LOTS of OUTSTANDING entries so far (a couple of recipes I will copy for sure!)

a suggestion:
I believe adding a photo (or photos) of your creation ON THE GRILL / SMOKER adds points to your entry when folks are voting....

Well darn I wish I would have known that! I have so many pictures on my phone I have to constantly delete! Late notice!!

Back