Throwdown #17: Pork Tenderloin

Sorry folks. Go ahead and do it. I recommend making this to anyone. It was delicious!

Mine was going to be a tad different, but once you add the puff, it is pretty much the same. Since I have a beef tenderloin in the freezer, I will just make a beef wellington instead which I had bought the puff for anyway, but then thought, well, let me do a pork wellington instead.........if I have time, I do have another idea, but not sure if I will do it............................d

Sorry folks. Go ahead and do it. I recommend making this to anyone. It was delicious!

Dwain,
Could you taste the prosciutto? When I added it to mine it was completely imperceptible which could have been from the salt in the rub. It was one of those ideas that looked great in my head but the result was really disappointing. I'm thinking mabey pancetta next time.

Dwain,
Could you taste the prosciutto? When I added it to mine it was completely imperceptible which could have been from the salt in the rub. It was one of those ideas that looked great in my head but the result was really disappointing. I'm thinking mabey pancetta next time.

The prosciutto was not as noticeable as the thyme and mustard but it was a nice addition. SWMBO and I fell in love with prosciutto when we lived in Italy. We were a very short drive from San Daniele.

Last edited:
Snail Rub Pork Tenderloin with a Curry Mustard Sauce, Grilled Roasted Veggies, and Cheesy Potato Wedges

Pork Tenderloin,
I bought 2 #2 pork tenderloin from my wonderful butcher (Everett's Meats). I trim off the silver skin, and slather them with the curry mustard sauce. I probably let them rest for 15min, then rub them down with the snail rub I made. After that, the tenderloin rest for about 2 hrs. My way of cooking this piece of meat was direct heat. I believe that direct heat gives the pork a juicer interior with a nice crisp exterior.

Grilled Roasted Veggies
Carrots, Brussels sprouts and onions roasted with olive oil infused with thyme, rosemary and garlic.

Cheesy Potato Wedges
Lightly buttered 8 in CI. Then I layer the wedges, 3 slices of American cheese and diced onion. Next with shredded Mexican cheese and lastly topped with real bacon bits.

Here are my entry pictures of the Pork Tenderloin Throwdown

Oh, here is my wife's plate that she plated for the Throwdown

Last edited:
should a pork loin be cooked HH or low and slow. I plan to cook one for Thanksgiving. I havent been on the forum for a long time now, about to forget how to cook.
What internal temps should it be when done? I was just going to use some rub and cook it. I dont know what to "stuff it" with?

I'm in: Autumnal Stuffed Loin w/ a Filbert Crust, Two Root & Cauliflower Mash, and Red Wine Reduction Ingredients for the first part: tenderloin, 'unrolled', oiled, S&P and minced garlic. Stuffing is butter sauteed Hedgehog mushrooms, Quince paste (home made), and toasted Delicata squash seeds.

The crust is chopped filberts, breadcrumbs, S&P and fresh Thyme

Taters and Parsnip are the root duo. They were boiled until almost done, than I added the c'flower. Mashed, S&P & butter.

And the reduction fixin's

I cooked the tenderloins on Red Genny, indirect. Here they are after a flip or two

and pulled at 144.5 degrees

rested for a few minutes and sliced

and here are our plates

These turned out real gu-u-ud! What I would change next time is using a dry red wine for the reduction, and not drizzling it on the mash (not too good a visual...) Also, I usually add whole garlic cloves in the water w/ the taters and than mash 'em in: Oops, I forgot! Have a great Thanksgiving everyone, and I'll seeya next time.

Here we go, my first entry into a a pit challenge....

My pork tenderloin beaten flat

11162836945_b528a8cfec_b.jpg

Stuffing in place and ready to roll

11162840025_3b100f1eeb_b.jpg

Rolled and ready to go on the grill

11162878346_901126f925_b.jpg

On the grill

11163031263_458013fac4_b.jpg

Hot off the grill

11163033103_1a61eb78b0_b.jpg

Resting

11163036043_da91cdeb8d_b.jpg