Throwdown #14: Carne Asada

Here is my entry into the Throwdown:

Tequila Lime Carne Asada with Pineapple Salsa and Honey Lime Cream

As posted before, I assembled the troops for duty:
troops1_zps667d9daf.jpg

Marinade Recipe - 1/2 C Tequila, 1/2 C Lime Juice, 1/2 C Lemon Juice, 1/4 C Orange Juice, 4 Clove Garlic smashed, 1/4 C Cilantro, 1/4 C Diced Onion,
1/2 Tsp Salt, 2 Tsp Black Pepper.
Meat & Marinade placed in zip-lock for 5 hours:
1_zpsdd44b43b.jpg

Skillet Potatoes starting to cook:
2_zps9cdc5f08.jpg

Meat is ready for grill:
3_zpsbfb28c75.jpg

Starting to cook, burners hi - sear station lit:
4_zps3cd5976f.jpg

Nice Grill-Marks:
5_zpsf1c71a72.jpg

Tortillas wrapped and heating up:
6_zpscd491402.jpg

Meats resting:
7_zps79900a62.jpg

Constructing the plate:
8_zps4628ffd5.jpg

Taters crisped up nice:
9_zpsa0dd9e7e.jpg

So there you have it, I hope you all enjoyed looking as much as I enjoyed CHOWING DOWN!

The recipes.

Pineapple Salsa: 1 Pineapple cleaned and diced, 2 Jalapenos cleaned and diced, 2 medium Red Onions diced, 1 Orange Bell Pepper diced,
5 Strawberries diced, 3 sprigs Cilantro chopped fine, Zest of 1 Lime, Juice of 2 Limes, 1 tsp Salt.

Honey Lime Cream: 1 1/2 C fat free Greek Yogurt, 2 Tbsp Honey, 1/3 C Cilantro, Zest and Juice of 1 1/2 Limes, S & P to taste,
Process in food processer to combine.

Kept telling myself "Yah..I still have time." Well now times up, oh well next time. I'm still going to have to try this on my own sometime soon. Everything looked awesome!

Well this Carne Asada was supposed to be my first throwdown entry, that is until I fell and broke my left wrist, hand and fingers
two weeks ago. Yeah, I'm a lefty. So mine will have to wait for another day. With all of the delicious looking entries here it will be
tough to choose a winner.

One armed griller for now, stranded with the gasser.........

Well this Carne Asada was supposed to be my first throwdown entry, that is until I fell and broke my left wrist, hand and fingers
two weeks ago. Yeah, I'm a lefty. So mine will have to wait for another day. With all of the delicious looking entries here it will be
tough to choose a winner.

One armed griller for now, stranded with the gasser.........

Sorry to hear about your mishap. Hope your recovery goes quickly.
There will be be more throwdowns in the future, and I look forward to seeing you in them.

Back