Thor's Hammer Barria Tacos and Barria Pizza

Awesome!! Both the pizza and tacos look amazing.
Tell us more about the cut of beef.

It's called a "Beef Hammer Roast" I got it from my local butcher after seeing a video of one being smoked on Facebook. I found this description of the cut online:
Cut from the back calf of bone-in beef, our Big Beef Hammer owes its name to its shape, which is reminiscent of a hammer. What an impressive cut with an absolute wow effect! The rear seine, often called "Hesse", "Hexe" or "Hachse" in Germany is a particularly juicy, meaty, heavily marbled cut.

It's called a "Beef Hammer Roast" I got it from my local butcher after seeing a video of one being smoked on Facebook. I found this description of the cut online:
Cut from the back calf of bone-in beef, our Big Beef Hammer owes its name to its shape, which is reminiscent of a hammer. What an impressive cut with an absolute wow effect! The rear seine, often called "Hesse", "Hexe" or "Hachse" in Germany is a particularly juicy, meaty, heavily marbled cut.
Probably easier to find now around Octoberfest.
I'll check my butcher, Thanks.

I will say that looks flat out amazing! I’m going to chat up my butcher about one of those, I guarantee!
Did you smoke it then, just let it sit in the CI pot until it reached desired temperature?

Last edited:
I will say that looks flat out amazing! I’m going to chat up my butcher about one of those, I guarantee!
Did you smoke it then, just let it sit in the CI pot until it reached desired temperature?
Tim, we smoked it on the grate for 4 hours before adding it to the dutch oven which was sitting beside it during the same time. The dutch oven was filled with the barria broth and pepper mixture. The last 6 hours it cooked in the dutch oven with the broth.

Last edited:
Perfect.
The tacos and pizza I could eat everyday.
No jokes.....looks amazing.
Good beef on a pizza is underrated......I use to never do that but one of the best pizza's I made on the performer was smoked beef and hot pepper.

Back