Thighs in my old, non Stealth smoker…Sigh

Darien, what a bummer that you have to eat that. I feel for you man. :LOL: I love what the Smokefire does to birds. What temp and seasoning?

I'm with Lew, that really blows that you have to cook on that unstealthy grill, and choke down those thighs! :)

You eating all of those tonight, or are some of them destined for other meals (tacos, enchiladas, other)? They look right tasty!

R

I'm with Lew, that really blows that you have to cook on that unstealthy grill, and choke down those thighs! :)

You eating all of those tonight, or are some of them destined for other meals (tacos, enchiladas, other)? They look right tasty!

R
Thanks Rich.
Thin sliced a couple and put over some pasta with a basic olive oil, butter garlic sauce tonight. Quick and good.
Yes, definitely like to make more for tacos, nachos and salads for lunches.

I think the real stealth smoker is the green egg hiding behind your pellet smoker ;)
View attachment 49023
WHOOO...Good detective work on that, John! So how do we know those weren't cooked on the Big Green Egg and stuck on the rack of the SmokeFire like they do on all those grill advertisements:LOL:?!!! Just having fun...I think you need AT LEAST several grills. Each has its purpose. At least that is what I try to tell my wife;).

WHOOO...Good detective work on that, John! So how do we know those weren't cooked on the Big Green Egg and stuck on the rack of the SmokeFire like they do on all those grill advertisements:LOL:?!!! Just having fun...I think you need AT LEAST several grills. Each has its purpose. At least that is what I try to tell my wife;).

Me - carefully reviewing forum pics....

1649986617429.png

Love how well seasoned your upper rack is, does that make it more or less non-stick? Mine is still shiny enough that stuff sticks to it. Should I spray it down with some cooking spray or will the smoke alone end up coating it?

Love how well seasoned your upper rack is, does that make it more or less non-stick? Mine is still shiny enough that stuff sticks to it. Should I spray it down with some cooking spray or will the smoke alone end up coating it?
I wiped the racks with oil for my first cook. Have never sprayed them again. The upper rack does not get hot enough to burn off the seasoning. My lower racks towards the center still stick a little but I hardly ever cook on the lower racks. The top rack cooks so much more evenly. I would like to get a custom, deeper top rack made.

Back