Thermoworks Big Reveal Tomorrow

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
It looks like Thermoworks is entering the wireless thermometer arena and trying to take it to another level. It will be interesting to see, but if they are going to charge 3 or 4 times as much as the Thermopro TempSpike, it won't get a second look from me.

It looks like Thermoworks is entering the wireless thermometer arena and trying to take it to another level. It will be interesting to see, but if they are going to charge 3 or 4 times as much as the Thermopro TempSpike, it won't get a second look from me.

If you like the Temp Spike you need to try the Chef IQ. Head and shoulders above Temp Spike

I think it is a good thing for Thermoworks to get into as a quality provider.

I fell for the Amazon summer Prime Day sale and bought the Typhur InstaProbe instant read thermometer. I told myself it will be for my son as it's style will go great with the Spark grill I am giving him. But that will be for Christmas, as he has a ho-hum instant read already. So, in the meantime, Dad gets to play with it. When I get back from my trip, I will try to post a new thread comparing the Thermoworks Thermapen One, the ThermoPro Lighting and the new Typhur. It is amazing how three companies aiming for the same higher end of the market could each come out with a product that essentially does the same thing and yet each look and feel SO DIFFERENT!

Typhur.jpgThermapen One.webp
ThermoPro Lightning 1.jpg

Had never heard of Typhur. But then I guess it seems there are quite a few companies jumping on this "home chef" and backyard cooking bandwagon.
BTW I used my Chef IQ again last night when making some baby backs. And once again, thanks to not having to be bothered with looking, probing, checking, etc it helped me turn out "perfection".
I still get some "flakiness" in operation. I think I've traced it to running the microwave a couple times during the cook. We have a Panasonic Microwave and I am not sure why but it seems to be the only brand I've owned that can knock out my 2.4 ghz WIFI. (which sadly is now old tech) and they don't have ability to run on 5 ghz
Anyway, I love how the thing works, it's WAY more flexible than the Temp Spike and far more useful as it's WIFI and Bluetooth. So with the app on Big Z and the Chef IQ I have a very usable setup

Saw the chef IQ’s on sale at Costco $79.
I needed to replace some stuff that I lost so I jumped on the Prime sale at Thermoworks and got a Signals and Thermapen One, added a billows for fun, $67 I think.

I also lost my Spike and Weber rotisserie and I’m not sure if I’ll get another, I passed on the Chef IQ’s.
Saw this email last night about the new RFX, curious to see.
2 hours to go!!
1721657258053.png

Last edited:
I own products from Chef IQ, Thermoworks and ThermoPro. For doing stuff in the grill or an oven all I can tell you is you missed an incredible product passing on the Chef IQ. I don't even bother using my ThermoWorks Smoke anymore. In distant 2nd place my TempSpike.
For a handheld instant read I am MORE than pleased with my ThermoPro models

They are still on sale. I may grab one. Good info Larry, I thought the app was driving you nuts.
Not driving me nuts. It's just a little over the top "busy". It's geared to folks who want their hands held. So you have to kind of "dig" past those layers a bit. But once you do it's a rewarding tool

I have had good luck with my meater. The only thing I hate about it is when I wrap in foil the signal is non-existent so i end up having to pierce the foil, but the results are always good.

I
I bought a Thermopro Twin TempSpike last winter and have used it a lot and really liked it. Yesterday one of the probes quit sending, the battery went dead very fast on a full charge. I messaged Thermopro yesterday and this morning got an email saying that a new one was being sent. Can't beat that. Just hope this was a one off.

I think it is a good thing for Thermoworks to get into as a quality provider.

I fell for the Amazon summer Prime Day sale and bought the Typhur InstaProbe instant read thermometer. I told myself it will be for my son as it's style will go great with the Spark grill I am giving him. But that will be for Christmas, as he has a ho-hum instant read already. So, in the meantime, Dad gets to play with it. When I get back from my trip, I will try to post a new thread comparing the Thermoworks Thermapen One, the ThermoPro Lighting and the new Typhur. It is amazing how three companies aiming for the same higher end of the market could each come out with a product that essentially does the same thing and yet each look and feel SO DIFFERENT!
I have the Lightning and love it. The usefulness of the magnet can't be underrated. Plenty fast on readout and the red led are easy to see even in bright sunlight.

The rollout of info and pre-order has been posted today. Here's our affiliate link for anyone interested:

Interesting that it's compatible with a hard-wired probe and also works with the Billows blower temp control device.

As much as I like tech stuff, I find that I have no interest in any of these wireless meat thermometers.

Looks like a nice unit. Very similar to the Chef IQ in a lot of ways. More industrial though. I could see someone running a professional smoke house or such making good use of them

I would have expected a much classier/high tech looking product from them.... Looks pretty 'industrial' to me.

I still struggle with how they are able to make a rechargeable battery survive such high heats.... it just doesn't make sense to me.

Like most things Thermoworks, they go with quality and performance over value. If you have the money you can buy the Cadillac. I am a more Chevy kinda guy.

And, I agree with Jim on the batteries and heat.

The rollout of info and pre-order has been posted today. Here's our affiliate link for anyone interested:

Interesting that it's compatible with a hard-wired probe and also works with the Billows blower temp control device.

As much as I like tech stuff, I find that I have no interest in any of these wireless meat thermometers.

I love it for the rotisserie. My wife likes rotisserie chicken, so I was able to justify my need to her for a wireless thermometer!

Back