ThermoPro TEMP SPIKE on sale for $52.79

OK guys/gals: Here is the deal.
I called this am and talked to a rep. He said, order the Temp Spike through Amazon using the discounts provided: 20997TJK
Your final price should come up to somewhere in the $65-$70 range. Go ahead and place the order. Then call ThermoPro back up and let them know you ordered off the advertisement link but did not get the $52.79 price. They will refund the difference to your Amazon account.

When you call ThermoPro, use this # 1-877-515-7797
One the phone menu, pick option #5, it will say "an associate will be with your shortly" three times in a row. In my case, it was 5 seconds and someone picked up. I explained I ordered the TempSpike off the add for $52.79 through the link provided on the add but it charged me $67. She said she would be happy to refund the difference, asked for my Amazon order # and said she would process a refund for $15.99 to my Amazon account. I got the confirmation email a few minutes later.
======

Amy Flores (ThermoPro)

Feb 27, 2023, 9:13 AM EST

Hello,

We have submitted a $15.99 refund on your order 114-8135605-xxxxxxx. The funds may take 1-3 business days to be back on your account.
Sincerely,
  • Customer Service Representative

It is kind of a hassle, but if you want a TempSpike and want the $52.79 price, you can get it. Only one discount per Amazon account.

OK guys/gals: Here is the deal.
I called this am and talked to a rep. He said, order the Temp Spike through Amazon using the discounts provided: 20997TJK
Your final price should come up to somewhere in the $65-$70 range. Go ahead and place the order. Then call ThermoPro back up and let them know you ordered off the advertisement link but did not get the $52.79 price. They will refund the difference to your Amazon account.

When you call ThermoPro, use this # 1-877-515-7797
One the phone menu, pick option #5, it will say "an associate will be with your shortly" three times in a row. In my case, it was 5 seconds and someone picked up. I explained I ordered the TempSpike off the add for $52.79 through the link provided on the add but it charged me $67. She said she would be happy to refund the difference, asked for my Amazon order # and said she would process a refund for $15.99 to my Amazon account. I got the confirmation email a few minutes later.
======

Amy Flores (ThermoPro)

Feb 27, 2023, 9:13 AM EST

Hello,

We have submitted a $15.99 refund on your order 114-8135605-xxxxxxx. The funds may take 1-3 business days to be back on your account.
Sincerely,
  • Customer Service Representative

It is kind of a hassle, but if you want a TempSpike and want the $52.79 price, you can get it. Only one discount per Amazon account.

Nice, that worked!!

Bruce,
Thanks for your efforts to get this corrected!👍

Also, a shout out to ThermoPro for standing behind their offer and helping their customers get the deal.

Yep, when I called their CS, they were on it. They were clearly very fluid with English with no foreign accents so I am assuming they were based in the US.

Ended up getting this for under $52 including tax, thanks again Bruce.
Just received from Amazon, it’s charging now. Feels like a well made sturdy little unit. I’ve been happy with my IR therm and the TP-19H I picked up from Thermopro.
If the weather cooperates I’ll get it in a pork tenderloin this weekend.

So far so good, I was able to put the probe into my SmokeFire and the booster inside the house and it kept signal perfectly.
With the booster inside, every room in the house picked up the signal.
Pretty cool.

Rain is coming so might not get a chance to cook with it Saturday.

I tested mine in a cup of coffee. Even with that, I was impressed with it. I did not realize it did both internal meat temp and ambient temp. That is awesome.

I tested mine in a cup of coffee. Even with that, I was impressed with it. I did not realize it did both internal meat temp and ambient temp. That is awesome.
Exactly why I bought it, it’s just an easy cheap way to keep an eye on the SmokeFire internal temp as well as the the meats temp.

Plus it does some cook graphing which might be interesting.

Did a leg of lamb on the SmokeFire today, used the spike.
The instructions say the range from the booster to the temp spike can go way down once inserted in the meat. It really did, from 50-60 feet to about 10 once inside the meat.

Otherwise worked well. Looking to do some pulled pork and really put that through the paces.

For the longest time, I was using the Meater+ probe at the grill with the booster in the house, about 30 feet away, and experiencing signal drops. After talking with Meater, I now keep the booster out at the grill and that took care of the signal drops. Would keeping the booster near the probe help?

Chris Young (Combustion Inc) claims that the water vapor evaporating from the surface of the protein cools the surrounding air and that's why the ambient sensor reading may be different than the grill temperature. The ambient sensor in the probe is a more accurate reflection of the temp that the protein is seeing.

Yah, pretty sure the booster is designed to stay within a few feet of the grill when using it. The range to the smart phone should be much further.

Definitely don't want to leave it outdoors when you are done using it, though, especially in rainy weather. I have seen where some people have put their electronic stuff in a watertight enclosure or even a ZipLoc bag for use outdoors.

Back