There's no turning back now...

I want to thank all of you for your help and advice. I couldn't have gotten these results without you. I'm pretty happy with it, but it's definitely not perfect. I'll do better on the next one.😀

I want to thank all of you for your help and advice. I couldn't have gotten these results without you. I'm pretty happy with it, but it's definitely not perfect. I'll do better on the next one.😀
Has anyone ever asked you if you were a perfectionist, or am I the first one? :ROFLMAO:

I'm looking at that mahogany handle and I'd like to know what your friend would charge for something like that...not because I want to go into production (you must know by now that I don't!) but because, if I had to price something like that, I would say at least $60. Maybe you can tell me, "More" or "Less" (choose one)?

I'm looking at that mahogany handle and I'd like to know what your friend would charge for something like that...not because I want to go into production (you must know by now that I don't!) but because, if I had to price something like that, I would say at least $60. Maybe you can tell me, "More" or "Less" (choose one)?
I believe he told me he would sell the ones he already made for $40. Anything after that was going to be $50 I believe.

Hey, if you think people would pay more for those I'll tell him.
I personally think they are worth more, especially if they are stained and finished and made from an exotic wood like mahogany, because I can appreciate the time and effort and skill that it takes to make something like this. But nobody has stepped forward and asked for a firm price so I don't believe the demand is there.

$60 is going to be a bit tough to get for those. Remember, you have to factor in shipping. It won't be too bad, but the odd shape of the box will add to the cost. I imagine there are a few on here that would spring for one for a personal grill. And if you have such a nice handle, you have to go with matching wood shelves, right???

$60 is going to be a bit tough to get for those. Remember, you have to factor in shipping. It won't be too bad, but the odd shape of the box will add to the cost. I imagine there are a few on here that would spring for one for a personal grill. And if you have such a nice handle, you have to go with matching wood shelves, right???
I totally agree with you, I think $50 is probably the max. I'm guessing most people can probably manage to make the wood slats themselves. You pretty much need a router to make that handle though.

So that begs the question, how much would it cost for a complete unfinished wood kit? And shipping would certainly kill it if the price of the kit didn't.

Back