The Restored Weber Skyline Genesis.

Arun, the top bars do go at 90 degrees to the bottom bars, but there should be double notches in the cook box along the back and front edge where they lay. The bars go BETWEEN those double notches...Not inside of the double notches.

They bars should look like this when they are in correctly.

Looking back at the pictures you posted the bottom row is correct. Notice how the bottom row has the bars in between the notches. You can see two notches between every bar. That's how the top row should look also.

Last edited:
Jason I was just prepping my grill for some BBQ ribs and took a couple photos to show how the bars fit. But, those are soooo much cleaner and easier to see the notches.

LOL....I figured that. Again, that is a sweet grill. Do you regret letting go of your Skyline?

A little. However I did the one for my sister and often end up using it when I'm at her house. I like it because it's far more unique than the other 1000's, and I have a weakness for unique.

Bruce,
There has to be a good excuse you can come up with to go to Minnesota and then happen to also work in getting that Skyline :coolkettle:!

Last edited:
I can be in Minnesota in less than 1.5 hours. My parents live in Minnesota, but Duluth is way north....about 1.5 hours north of the twin cities and they actually live North of Duluth. Actually, pretty close to Hibbing Minnesota where I was an Army Recruiter for three years.....so, I know how far it is and can't lie to myself.

I can be in Minnesota in less than 1.5 hours. My parents live in Minnesota, but Duluth is way north....about 1.5 hours north of the twin cities and they actually live North of Duluth. Actually, pretty close to Hibbing Minnesota where I was an Army Recruiter for three years.....so, I know how far it is and can't lie to myself.

USAREC! I spent 17.5 years in that Command.

Bobby

I did not have the opportunity to serve, but in complete sincerity I salute all of you who did. Many risked and some lost their lives, and we are a fortunate and blessed nation because of it.

Along with our Skyline Club we should have a TVWBB club to honor our veterans.

To stay further on track, Dave and Bruce, we need to find you Skylines closer than Duluth, although that one sure looked good;). Similarly, I have been trying for quite a while to find a classic Genesis blue hood for Brian in Atlanta. There is a guy in Tampa that has been hawking an early Silver with one of those at a too-high price. Proof of that is that his CL ad started back in December (when I even spoke with him a couple times). He does regularly update his ad, but doesn't drop the price. It's a long haul for me, but after the 15th, I might make one last offer to him. You would think he would take about anything after THREE MONTHS of listing it! If I can get it reasonably, I know people in Atlanta who come here from time to time. Hopefully I could send the hood up there with them for Brian to pick up. Shipping would be a joke...

I pity you Bobby. Three was all I could handle. Worst three years of my career. Some loved it, but I had a bad situation and never have liked the sales profession.

That Skyline looks great. Need to buy a new tank from Home Depot or Costco to complement it. I think those tank exchange programs are a ripoff. Around here, it’s $12-16 to refill a tank.

I pity you Bobby. Three was all I could handle. Worst three years of my career. Some loved it, but I had a bad situation and never have liked the sales profession.

Bruce,

Once I got off numbers and moved to staff, USAREC was a much better command than what you had to deal with.

Bobby

Ahhhh, yah, OK. I just hated the push every month to get my "TWO". It wasn't like we were selling someone a vacuum cleaner. We were selling 17 year old kids 3-4 years of their lives. I would rather sell rehabbed Weber Grills any day.

What brand gas tank is this?

https://i.imgur.com/tCq5oVT.jpg

It's not a Blue Rhino, nor an AmeriGas.

But I like the top portion. It allows it to hang the gas tank, on the tank scale, using the center hole.

The Blue Rhino ones have a thing that sticks out on their center hole, so it gets in the way of the spring. I have to use a side hole.

This gas tank was inherited. My brother-in-law says it was from a gas station, but doesn't remember which one, nor what brand tank it was.

Most of my tanks are like that. I don't think Blue Rhino necessarily makes their tanks. They run several exchanges around me (Walmarts for one) and take any tank in exchange. They just put that plastic sleeve around the tank when they refill it.

Any other ideas on where I can find the gas tank in the picture?

I don't need one anymore, but would still like to know where to find one with a top like that.

The Blue Rhinos and the AmeriGas tanks near me seem to have that curved lip around the center hole. I don't want that.

The one I pictured doesn't have that.

That Skyline looks great. Need to buy a new tank from Home Depot or Costco to complement it. I think those tank exchange programs are a ripoff. Around here, it’s $12-16 to refill a tank.

Thanks.

I ended up getting one existing tank refilled, and one tank exchange for a Blue Rhino tank. It was a cheaper option to have it refilled, then to buy a new tank. The Blue Rhino isn't in any of my pictures, since I took most of those pictures before the tank refills and exchanges.

Back