The official what grill should I purchase next thread

So while the plan is fantastic........
Get another performer premium.......
Order the Cajun Bandit,

Cajun Bandit™ 22.5″ Kettle Smoker Conversion Kit​

and the

Cajun Bandit™ 22.5″ Charcoal Kettle and Weber Smokey Mountain Rotisserie​

Would make me think I have what I want for an upgraded smoker and a good rotisserie setup and be able to use both at the same time if needed, while maintaining the ability to have 2 grills at the same time if needed.
Unfortunately COVID seems affect everything now a days and I cannot get them to ship to Ontario from the U.S. until unknown time....
Super duper. It's not spring yet, so maybe give it a bit more time but also maybe need to make a different decision if nothing changes in the next 4 to 6 weeks.
I am only 2 hours away from the border but to do it myself I would need to obtain a mailing address close to the border, go over the border go get it, come back over the border, pay the duties on it ect.....this is not any fun at all and would literally make me crazy doing this for an entire day....then the whole COVID procedure with crossing the border. Everywhere I go they ask I have left the country in the last 14 days.......
The problems.....they are real........:ROFLMAO:......lol.

1615390149234.png

So while the plan is fantastic........
Get another performer premium.......
Order the Cajun Bandit,

Cajun Bandit™ 22.5″ Kettle Smoker Conversion Kit​

and the

Cajun Bandit™ 22.5″ Charcoal Kettle and Weber Smokey Mountain Rotisserie​

Would make me think I have what I want for an upgraded smoker and a good rotisserie setup and be able to use both at the same time if needed, while maintaining the ability to have 2 grills at the same time if needed.
Unfortunately COVID seems affect everything now a days and I cannot get them to ship to Ontario from the U.S. until unknown time....
Super duper. It's not spring yet, so maybe give it a bit more time but also maybe need to make a different decision if nothing changes in the next 4 to 6 weeks.
I am only 2 hours away from the border but to do it myself I would need to obtain a mailing address close to the border, go over the border go get it, come back over the border, pay the duties on it ect.....this is not any fun at all and would literally make me crazy doing this for an entire day....then the whole COVID procedure with crossing the border. Everywhere I go they ask I have left the country in the last 14 days.......
The problems.....they are real........:ROFLMAO:......lol.

View attachment 23985
Why not save some money and just buy the roto and use the ring for the smoker. Check out the video.

I don't have a charcoal ring from a WSM or a diffuser of any type.
I believe the cajun bandit smoker setup gives you a nice deep 5" ring and a diffuser plate....
without making one for myself I can only think of a couple options to get this diffuser, smoking setup done in the kettle.

I don't have a charcoal ring from a WSM or a diffuser of any type.
I believe the cajun bandit smoker setup gives you a nice deep 5" ring and a diffuser plate....
without making one for myself I can only think of a couple options to get this diffuser, smoking setup done in the kettle.
If I could only have one grill, it would be a 22" Weber kettle. But its nice to have choices as well. My kettle was a wedding gift in 1979.
I expect that it will be around after I am not. Still its fun to have options.

Well my Traeger gets picked up in a couple of days so that is one less ( large ) grill out of the way.
Still have ambition on picking up the second performer and the 2 cajun bandit options. I haven't had to smoke large quantities yet, mainly due to not having much for guests over I think. Anyways I may consider on not buying the smoker conversion setup but I guess it will determine on whether or not the shipping is much different. The shipping will be costly no matter what.

If you are really feeling the kettle/smoker option more than a WSM, I'd go for a kettle conversion kit over the MTP.

This one gives you a ring (but more capacity than the MTP ring) and a diffuser plate. What else are you getting from the MTP beyond a small ring and a plate (both quite overpriced)?

But you also get some extra vertical height (extra distance from the coals is helpful for lower temp control). And a second cooking grate (more capacity.

Or make your own expanded metal ring plus 18 inch pizza pan. $25 bucks maybe?

Just re reading some of the posts, making sure I was thinking straight and I probably didn't give you enough credit for this post. It is the way I think I want to go and it seems like a well made product that I would never have to replace. Thanks again.

Just re reading some of the posts, making sure I was thinking straight and I probably didn't give you enough credit for this post. It is the way I think I want to go and it seems like a well made product that I would never have to replace. Thanks again.
I just ordered the CB rotisserie yesterday, others here are razed about the quality of the product, I will let you know my thoughts on that the CB ring when it arrives.

I saw something, I can’t remember where, a person modified the CB roti ring by installing rack supports near the top rim of the ring. The bottom could then be filed with enough fuel for a long cook and a diffuser sits on the regular cooking grate. Now the CB smoker attachment will have more room, but it doesn’t rotisserie.

If space, spouse, or spending money is limiting the number of cookers, that could be a way to make the kettle more versatile. Rotisserie and overnight smoker in one.

Please chime in if you know where I saw this. It’s driving me crazy that I can’t remember. And I want to give credit where it’s due.

I saw something, I can’t remember where, a person modified the CB roti ring by installing rack supports near the top rim of the ring. The bottom could then be filed with enough fuel for a long cook and a diffuser sits on the regular cooking grate. Now the CB smoker attachment will have more room, but it doesn’t rotisserie.

If space, spouse, or spending money is limiting the number of cookers, that could be a way to make the kettle more versatile. Rotisserie and overnight smoker in one.

Please chime in if you know where I saw this. It’s driving me crazy that I can’t remember. And I want to give credit where it’s due.
I think that video Joe posted above does what you are saying. Rotis ring, diffuser on a grate ect. Just go up about 5 posts ;)

I just ordered the CB rotisserie yesterday, others here are razed about the quality of the product, I will let you know my thoughts on that the CB ring when it arrives.
Please do feel free to give me your honest thoughts on the rotisserie setup CB offers. I would love to know what you think.
Last time I checked I still cannot get it shipped to my location. While it is frustrating of course I am sure there will be a time. My new performer purchase however is hinging on getting the CB kits. I have no family in the US that I could lean on of course...LOL
shipping is going to be atrocious.
All I want to do is spin a couple birds and smoke about 4 racks of ribs........at the same time ;)

J,
It was Dustin in post #24 from this above post, where he turns the 26 kettle CB roti into a smoker with a grate in the CB roti!!!

Cajun bandit still will not ship across the border. I have no idea what the problem would be but I could guess it being related to COVID and anything that has to cross border lines now has a different set of paper work or something has changed in that respect......Only guessing of course because if it use to happen and cannot now what else could it be.
Pretty soon I am going to consider buying a rotisserie from Weber or Amazon, either Weber brand are only fire????
There was a page somewhere around here with the differences on the rotisseries. Have to find it again.
And also pick up an E6 for my ( kettle ) smoking needs, also the larger real estate is attractive. the price is not however....I'm starting to care less and my local bbq supply joint just sent me an email the other day regarding the E6's have arrived.
Super tempting.
Spring is here for real now......and it's supposed to be 25 degrees Celsius today. That is jump in the lake temperature in the summer.

Cajun bandit still will not ship across the border.
I use a private mail service which has a Miami, FL USA address in which they then ship my BBQ Goods via airplane to Costa Rica. Of course, must pay extra shipping costs and Costa Rica Customs duties however goods arrive A-OK to my place of residence in support of my favorite Hobby of BBQ. I now do buy many of my BBQ Goods from our local Costa Rican Weber Authorized Dealerships, however, the stuff from Cajun Bandit,One Grill, Thermoworks, GrillGrates, SlowNSear, Amazon,Hunsaker, etc. were all shipped through my Miami Address over these past many years.

As to the Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Kit for my Weber Performer Deluxe; I have posted many photos on this Forum of this excellent product which has an outstanding SS Rotisserie Ring and I still remain one-happy Cajun Bandit Customer. Chris of Cajun Bandit gave me excellent Customer Service! Also the Rotisserie Motors,Spit Rods and Forks from One Grill.com are also excellent products and Brian of One Grill.com also gave me excellent customer service.

Last edited:
I use a private mail service which has a Miami, FL USA address in which they then ship my BBQ Goods via airplane to Costa Rica. Of course, must pay extra shipping costs and Costa Rica Customs duties however goods arrive A-OK in support of my favorite Hobby of BBQ. I now do buy many of my BBQ Goods from our local Costa Rican Weber Authorized Dealerships, however, the stuff from Cajun Bandit, Thermoworks, GrillGrates, SlowNSear, Amazon,Hunsaker, etc. were all shipped through my Miami Address over these past many years.
That is a good idea. I used a mail forwarder when we were living on a sail boat. They were quite handy. eBay has relatively good foreign shipping. When I sell goods there it gets shipped to eBay and they take care of getting it to the country of the buyer without any intervention by me. But even on eBay there are folks who will not ship overseas. My in-laws in Puerto Rico could not get anywhere to send them a transfer switch for a generator and we had to buy it here and send it to them. None if it makes a lot of sense to me.

I use my 26" kettle for low and slow cooks or if I need to grill a large amount of food.
I also have a Performer that I use for most of my cooks.
In wanting to utilize my Cajun Bandit Rotisserie kit more often I was thinking of purchasing another Weber Kettle 22". Now I am toying with the idea to utilize my Weber Performer Deluxe 22" as mostly a stand-alone Rotisserie Cooker and purchasing a Weber Kettle 26" for most of my other grilling. However, might be overkill as I mostly Grill for the Wife, our dog "Manchas" and I and most likely must burn more charcoal on a Weber Kettle 26"??

Well I know I posted this in the other thread I made recently, and they seem like doubles threads. They have both navigated towards the same final result unfortunately. I just wanted to make sure anyone posting in either thread could see Cajun Bandit has no interest in shipping outside the USA. This makes my decision I came to not possible.
My local BBQ joint is sold out of everything too except performers, which was what I was going to get with the CB purchase.
This is unfortunate.....They said more Weber stock would be coming but we don't know when.
I now will be looking to purchase either the E6, or the 26 Kettle with an SNS in it. ( 26" is sold out E6 is not )
The E6 is going to be about double the price. It does have the diffuser setup for sure and it seems like it is the dominant grill.
I know a few of you fellas here have recently took ownership of an E6 or an S6.
If there is any pictures of the inside you can share with me that would help. Also your personal pros and cons for the grill. I just want to make sure I make the right decision and currently the 26" makes a lot of sense. I can grill, smoke do basically a lot of things with the 22" performer and I think the 26 would be very similar. With the next grill to be my dominant smoker I want to make sure the 26 can do a better job than the 22 even though I know it would be cooked in a very similar way.

Also what is everyone's next pick for a rotisserie after the Cajun Bandit? Weber brand?????

1618426578261.png

Well I know I posted this in the other thread I made recently, and they seem like doubles threads. They have both navigated towards the same final result unfortunately. I just wanted to make sure anyone posting in either thread could see Cajun Bandit has no interest in shipping outside the USA. This makes my decision I came to not possible.
My local BBQ joint is sold out of everything too except performers, which was what I was going to get with the CB purchase.
This is unfortunate.....They said more Weber stock would be coming but we don't know when.
I now will be looking to purchase either the E6, or the 26 Kettle with an SNS in it. ( 26" is sold out E6 is not )
The E6 is going to be about double the price. It does have the diffuser setup for sure and it seems like it is the dominant grill.
I know a few of you fellas here have recently took ownership of an E6 or an S6.
If there is any pictures of the inside you can share with me that would help. Also your personal pros and cons for the grill. I just want to make sure I make the right decision and currently the 26" makes a lot of sense. I can grill, smoke do basically a lot of things with the 22" performer and I think the 26 would be very similar. With the next grill to be my dominant smoker I want to make sure the 26 can do a better job than the 22 even though I know it would be cooked in a very similar way.

Also what is everyone's next pick for a rotisserie after the Cajun Bandit? Weber brand?????

View attachment 25982
I think this is cool and someone here recommended it. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XHFLXB6/?tag=tvwb-20

The decision has been made.
At first it was last on the list, now it's top of the list.

Going to order the E6 in about 40 minutes.
I can park it beside the performer for access to a table for the cooking.
I would like the S6 but at $1000 I just can't pull the trigger on it.
Also ordering a lot of smoke wood and charcoal and a cover to go with it.
Big lump is what I am going to start with and see how it goes.

Just have to pick a rotisserie and get that coming next.

Back