The Humor Thread

To All Forum Members,

Today I received a Notice of Copyright Infringement from FarWorks, Inc., the company that owns and administers the rights to Gary Larson's Far Side cartoons, asking me to remove all Far Side cartoons from another message thread on the forum. I will also be proactively removing them from this thread, as well.

Please do not post Far Side cartoons in this thread in the future.

Thanks,
Chris
Unfortunately, this should hardly be a surprise. As much as we may enjoy these cartoons, all of the published & syndicated cartoons are copyrighted material. The owners will be employing technology measures and obviously, we've risen on their radar I'd suggest that we all exercise caution. The very short story is that if I didn't create the object, I probably don't own copyright or publishing rights (and making a complete copy is not creation or a creation of a derivative work.)

To All Forum Members,

Today I received a Notice of Copyright Infringement from FarWorks, Inc., the company that owns and administers the rights to Gary Larson's Far Side cartoons, asking me to remove all Far Side cartoons from another message thread on the forum. I will also be proactively removing them from this thread, as well.

Please do not post Far Side cartoons in this thread in the future.

Thanks,
Chris
I guess we should all look for the © symbol before posting.

I got 7 things that rhyme. Don't want to spoil it for others but I think there's at least one more...

Edit. I think I know who the statue is so I've got 8.
There are 14 in the original uncropped version, 12 of them are visible here.

Back