The Greatest BBQ Sayings - let's have some fun :)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ray Crick:
I can't imagine a pig in the house! And one that watches TV too? There are some different folks out there! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, I guess a show about Memphis In May would be a horror movie that fat ole pig! Bet he wouldnt watch that!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

I was e-mailing my brother today about the WSM smoker and I wrote this to him. I think it may be a good one-liner.

"I have so much work to get done but now that I have found TVWBB site Barbequing has become more important?

My brother is Shawn244 for those of you who know him.

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rick Soli:
"I have so much work to get done but now that I have found TVWBB site Barbequing has become more important? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rick, I am feelin' ya man! Its hard to concentrate on all this other stuff now that I have my cookers and this and other sites! All this "going to work" stuff is a huge distraction from my true purpose in life!
icon_biggrin.gif

Tony

There was a guy just outside Ft. Campbell in Hoptown, Ky. in the early 90's that had a sign out side his joint. "Will Serve You No Swine Before Its Time"

There's a cue joint in Rockdale Tx that's pretty good called No Teeth Barbecue. Don't know which came first, the fore mentioned Texas Legends Book or his joint.

Let me also contribute these BBQ restaurant signs:

Hungry for BBQ? Eat here and get fed up.

Yes, we're open. Sorry for the inconvienence.

From Memphis Blues, Vancouver, BC, Canada, a plain black t-shirt with red letters:

"We Rub Our Butts"

From FatZ BBQ: "The worst BBQ I ever made is the best BBQ you ever ate!"

This is so not barbeuce but has always been funny to me. I have a friend who, if you ask where he wants to stop for dinner, he always says, "The barnyard pimp. Gotta get me some legs and breasts." He loves fried chicken from Kentucky Fried Chicken and refers to the Colonel as the barnyard pimp.

This isn't about BBQ but it is from a BBQ restaurant in Ft. Laud. One of DH favorite place to eat "The Georgia Pig" https://www.facebook.com/GeorgiaPigBBQ/. This is also his favorite breakfast.

"If someone tries to tell you Biscuit and Gravy isn't a meal, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind."

A cue joint in Austin on one of the dillo routes that had shirts with the following and old crusty Texan with the following bubble "Vegan is an Indian word for poor hunter". I got a lot of laughs while sporting that shirt! Place was better than Stubbs and Franklin wasn't yet in business. Didn't have wheels on that trip so public transit was the only way around.

Back