The best 20lb tank hose adapter kit .

Kevin L (NKY)

TVWBB Diamond Member
so I bought my 2nd gas assit performer and was going hook up a 20 lb tank I started researching adapter hoses and there is alot to choose from ,rubber ,steel brad , which is the best for lasting in sun,winter, rain?
All comments will be appreciated, thznks.

If you're looking at all the selections on Amazon, I'd think that many of them are made in the same factory and sold under a variety of different brand names at different price points. The biggest clues are the funky, nonsense names and use of the same stock product photos. That said, most of them will likely do just fine. I've seen a number of comments of squirrels eating rubber hoses, so if that's a potential issue for you, a steel braided line might be worthwhile. I don't know if they develop rust/corrosion issues in the long term, though. I've had a rubber line on my Performer for about a year and haven't had any issues. I also haven't moved my Performer or the 20lb tank around more than 2-4 times since attaching it either. Meaning, the hose mostly remains in a static position and doesn't get flexed around much at all. If you get one with the mindset that it, "may-or-may not last forever, but it was relatively inexpensive", then hey- no big whoop. I really love not having to wonder if there's much fuel left in the 1lb canister under the table, and being able to just pick up the 20lb tank and give it a shake. I could get an in-line fuel gauge, but I don't really feel it to be necessary. Also, for what it's worth... I live in Colorado, so the fuel line is exposed to a lot of UV light and varying temperature changes throughout the year.

I've had a rubber one on my performer about 4-5 years and it's still fine. Although we get four seasons up here in the Arizona mountains the UV is very strong up here but I keep my performer covered when not in use.
Also I get 2 years + out of a 20 lb. tank

If you're looking at all the selections on Amazon, I'd think that many of them are made in the same factory and sold under a variety of different brand names at different price points. The biggest clues are the funky, nonsense names and use of the same stock product photos. That said, most of them will likely do just fine. I've seen a number of comments of squirrels eating rubber hoses, so if that's a potential issue for you, a steel braided line might be worthwhile. I don't know if they develop rust/corrosion issues in the long term, though. I've had a rubber line on my Performer for about a year and haven't had any issues. I also haven't moved my Performer or the 20lb tank around more than 2-4 times since attaching it either. Meaning, the hose mostly remains in a static position and doesn't get flexed around much at all. If you get one with the mindset that it, "may-or-may not last forever, but it was relatively inexpensive", then hey- no big whoop. I really love not having to wonder if there's much fuel left in the 1lb canister under the table, and being able to just pick up the 20lb tank and give it a shake. I could get an in-line fuel gauge, but I don't really feel it to be necessary. Also, for what it's worth... I live in Colorado, so the fuel line is exposed to a lot of UV light and varying temperature changes throughout the year.
How often do you clean the "burner tube" on your Weber Performer?

How often do you clean the "burner tube" on your Weber Performer?
I just scraped some accumulated drippings from the burner slots with my grill brush a few weeks ago. So, that makes it once in the past year-and -a-half. No thorough clear-out so far. I think I'll consider it if I notice any odd flame patterns not associated with running out of fuel.

Back