the basics

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Yukons in a skillet.
DSCN0724.JPG

big ol' pork chops (marinated in WICKERS and seasoned with GALENA STREET) over a hot KINGSFORD fire.
DSCN0726.JPG

DSCN0729.JPG

Our garden Fresh Patty Pan squash joined the Yukons.
DSCN0730.JPG

Chops look done.
DSCN0732.JPG

DSCN0733.JPG

temp'd in at 137ºF ... good enough for me. Foil tented while the remainder of supper cooked.
DSCN0734.JPG

served with the taters with hot sauce and the Patty's....
DSCN0737.JPG

if you never tried'um, you can't like'm!
I do and they're SENSATIONAL!
DSCN0738.JPG

--------------------
Bob's Spiral Dogs....
DSCN0739.JPG

actually, brought out the avacodo green 18" kettle and played with clour changes...
DSCN0741.JPG

Naaaw!
DSCN0743.JPG

Brats from Wautoma's Stoneridge Market. with the spiral dogs...
those are Uncle Butchie's beer brats and his Italian brats...
DSCN0744.JPG

figured i'd cook up the rest of the dogs for no good reason at all.
DSCN0746.JPG

DSCN0747.JPG

brats and dogs done...
DSCN0748.JPG

DSCN0750.JPG

and plated up with sweet baked beans.
DSCN0752.JPG

...and trees??!!
icon_rolleyes.gif
liz needs veggies....
DSCN0754.JPG

Hey, check out these fine WOOD handles....
DSCN0756.JPG

DSCN0758.JPG

Both ORIGINAL!
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks MUCH for viewing! Get your butt ready
Uncle-Sam-july-4-uncle-sam-happy-smiley-emoticon-001078-facebook.gif
to CELEBRATE
Flag.gif
our
salute10re.gif
INDEPENDENCE DAY
patriot.gif

Looking good Jim! Digging those grills, and I have the sudden craving for good ole fashion beans and wieners!!!

Yum!

Outstanding Jim!!! I think I'm gonna make beans and dogs myself on the fourth. I'll bet it has been over a decade since I had that.

Originally posted by John Solak:
Outstanding Jim!!! I think I'm gonna make beans and dogs myself on the fourth. I'll bet it has been over a decade since I had that.

I had the same thought. Been a while since I made Keri's recipe for apple beans from the side dish thread. And My local has 3 lb packs of "Black Bear" brand franks for 6 or 7 bucks. Always crowd pleasers and they snap with the natural casings. (Good "jersey" dogs).

Less tending the grill and more time for cooling off and watching some fireworks.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Nice score on the grills. I am still looking for a redhead. Nice dogs..whats on the menu for the 4th..

Would someone in this state turn off the furnace and turn on the sprinklers.....Happy 4th..looking forward to your 4th post as I am sure it will be something special...

Great looking chops, dogs and sausages, Jim. Some day, I hope to make skillet 'taters that look half as good as yours.

A solid meal Jim!

JimK "Jim. Some day, I hope to make skillet 'taters that look half as good as yours."

- Same here. My resaults vary to mutch.(mostly on the darker side)
icon_smile.gif

I tryed Bobs spirals aswell...But with my butchers homade coarse grind brat style dogs.

Worked really good...Actually like em better then "normaly" grilled. You loose some of the bite,but gain so mutch more.

Sorry for sailing away(topic wise).

Killer food once again Jim!

Jim, you just had to show me up with your spiraling abilities, eh?
icon_smile.gif

You done good!

And the choppers and patty pans are beautiful too!

Wish I had patty pans in my garden, wish I had a garden.

edit to add, hey Wolgast, did you use your fish filet knife on those dogs
icon_wink.gif

Hey whats wrong! Looks picture prfkt½

I dont cover the other one with mustard and Chup becouse i messed up
icon_cool.gif

Everything looks great Jim and it looks like everyone is hopping on to Bob Correll's Spiral Dog Bandwagon. Jim you and Daniel sure make them look fancy..... You too1 Bob

You got it going on with that cook. Nice looking pork. But those grates without crud are making me look bad
icon_smile.gif

Very awesome everything! Man those dogs are all over the place now. Everyone is trying them, but you man, yours are by far the best I've seen. A real pro spiral.

Didn't fire up the grill(sorry) just had to try... and here is my sorry dog.

lYCGy.jpg

Back