The Adapt-a-Damper - Open Source Project

Andrew F

TVWBB Super Fan
Did you put the Alum-a-damper abs print on Thingiverse? I have a printer on its way to me and my stupid large Adapt-a blower is starting to have problems opening and closing. I'm wondering if it is the extra large rotary plate with the smaller servo, or just the servo dieing.

KeithC

TVWBB Member
Did you put the Alum-a-damper abs print on Thingiverse? I have a printer on its way to me and my stupid large Adapt-a blower is starting to have problems opening and closing. I'm wondering if it is the extra large rotary plate with the smaller servo, or just the servo dieing.
I had to scale the top rotating cover down in slicer & reprint because it was too thick and dragging on the case for me. Mine looked like a slow or dying servo when that happened.

Troy Gamm

TVWBB Fan
I built one of these a couple of years ago and I love it. I only have an 18" WSM so the 6.7CFM fan works great. I am now building a HM and Adapt-A-Damper for a friend who has just ordered a 22" WSM. I see on the first page that there is a version on Thingiverse designed for a 15CFM. My question is for the guys who have a 22", is the original spec Delta fan (6.7CFM) good enough or do you find yourself needing a bigger fan?

Andrew F

TVWBB Super Fan
That 15cmf fan is because of me, and I think I might be the only one running one. It was a blower from a different setup that I had and was more of less working. It is over kill UNLESS you really need a rippin hot fire. Normally my fan runs at less than 15-20%. The only time I max it out is at start-up and when I’m doing a spatchcock turkey for thanksgiving and I want to run at 375ish.

Nope, I’m wrong. Looks like a few people run them. Just not sure about needing it on a 22”.

Last edited: