That's a lot of kettles...

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I got an ad for one of these Kalamazoo stainless kamado grills. Decked out with marine grade stainless, you can have your own for just $14,700, or you can by over a half dozen WSKs or about 50 extra nice Weber kettles:

I know the "Cry once" thing, but if I spent 15 grand on a charcoal grill, I would be crying for a very long time, probably all the way to my divorce attorney - with no money to pay him/her to represent me!

I got an ad for one of these Kalamazoo stainless kamado grills. Decked out with marine grade stainless, you can have your own for just $14,700, or you can by over a half dozen WSKs or about 50 extra nice Weber kettles:

I know the "Cry once" thing, but if I spent 15 grand on a charcoal grill, I would be crying for a very long time, probably all the way to my divorce attorney - with no money to pay him/her to represent me!
I was in until I saw $499 for shipping 😄

It is stunning from a design perspective - I'm not sure exactly how I feel about stainless and charcoal / logs? I think if it was mine at least, it would get trashed pretty quick. I like stainless a lot - but for me, I think anything outside & stainless would have to be gas..

Maybe there's a reason WSM's are black ..... :p :wsm22:

That's actually cheaper than any other Kalamazoo grill I have ever seen. I have never seen one in person, but the TV Chef Rick Bayless uses one, and when I looked them up online, I saw that the big gassers go for 30,000 to 35,000.

Only on a slight tangent....

There's another grill that was featured in the movie called "The Gentlemen" (which is a great crime caper film I recommend) from a company called iBBQ.com. It is basically a picnic table with the middle third of the table dedicated to a grill surface. The table is made from exotic hardwoods, and it costs 20,000 to 30,000ish too.

A dream I have is to build a similar table with regular lumber, like doug-fir, and line the center with a few Weber Go-anywhere grills and get something similar for a fraction of the price.

That's actually cheaper than any other Kalamazoo grill I have ever seen. I have never seen one in person, but the TV Chef Rick Bayless uses one, and when I looked them up online, I saw that the big gassers go for 30,000 to 35,000.

Only on a slight tangent....

There's another grill that was featured in the movie called "The Gentlemen" (which is a great crime caper film I recommend) from a company called iBBQ.com. It is basically a picnic table with the middle third of the table dedicated to a grill surface. The table is made from exotic hardwoods, and it costs 20,000 to 30,000ish too.

A dream I have is to build a similar table with regular lumber, like doug-fir, and line the center with a few Weber Go-anywhere grills and get something similar for a fraction of the price.
I love that movie. And that scene where he takes the steak out of the freezers; it always made me wonder if people have a method for a quick thaw. Sorry for the dumb question, I'm a super beginner

Back