Thanks to the mystery buyer...

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
...who used my Amazon affiliate link to buy a $4,849.95 Jura GIGA 10 Black Diamond espresso machine. Probably the single most expensive item I've ever seen anyone buy using my link. I have no way of knowing if a forum member was the purchaser, it could have been anyone visiting any of my websites or this forum, clicking on an Amazon link which tagged their shopping cart with my affiliate ID, then shopping for this machine for their home or most likely their business. But it resulted in a tidy little commission for me, which I appreciate.

Just a reminder: Forum pages contain Amazon links that earn commissions for TVWBB. If you're not into Amazon and looking for another way to help support the forum, consider leaving a tip using the PayPal link on the homepage.

61T+J5AKwaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

If it was a COSTCO referral link my wife would make you rich........
Almost broke the 4 digits on my bill when we went on Saturday.......very very close.

Bob raises a good point; I never thought to add the link to my Wife's browser.

Chris: this would make a decent Father's Day giveaway! Or maybe Mother's Day would be smarter :p

So, I don't get or understand that link. If I compare the URL from the link to the regular URL I see when I simply click on Amazon, they're the same. So how does one know if the link here is actually doing anything?

So, I don't get or understand that link. If I compare the URL from the link to the regular URL I see when I simply click on Amazon, they're the same. So how does one know if the link here is actually doing anything?
An Amazon affiliate link includes the site's affiliate id, in my case "tvwb-20", as in:

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C2JD6TJ7?tag=tvwb-20

The forum software takes any Amazon link posted and reformats it into an affiliate link including my affiliate id.

Good thing I saw this thread, I just spent $587 on Amazon and used tag=tvwb-20 after the question mark

Good thing I saw this thread, I just spent $587 on Amazon and used tag=tvwb-20 after the question mark
It should be noted that Amazon doesn’t want shoppers creating links by pasting an affiliate id at the end of product links. They want you to click links provided by the affiliate participant, e.g. the Amazon homepage link at the top of the forum homepage or the Amazon links found in posts.

It was me. I took out a 2nd mortgage as I felt very inadequate with my Nespresso. I felt as if I was cheating myself out of life’s most important luxury, indulgent espresso shots.

I’ll be starting a side hustle, selling shots at the side of the road to recoup my cost.

If all else fails, I know I will die happy and that Chris appreciated my college effort to pad the bottom line here.

Happy espresso shots everyone!

(J/k, my wife would kill me if I ever spent that on a coffee machine. I’m amazed she lets me buy the junk I already spend money on)

If you did buy it, I’d love to read your review. Heck, make one up and I’ll still believe you. And props to you for spending money on something you really like and want. That’s what life is about anyway, right?!?!?

An Amazon affiliate link includes the site's affiliate id, in my case "tvwb-20", as in:

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C2JD6TJ7?tag=tvwb-20

The forum software takes any Amazon link posted and reformats it into an affiliate link including my affiliate id.
Oh, OK now I saw it. I will give it a go next time I spend my kid's inheritance :)

It should be noted that Amazon doesn’t want shoppers creating links by pasting an affiliate id at the end of product links. They want you to click links provided by the affiliate participant, e.g. the Amazon homepage link at the top of the forum homepage or the Amazon links found in posts.
In my case, I searched several items while on Amazon and after finding what I wanted, that's where I trimmed the link back to the question mark and then added your affiliate id. So, I didn't click a link, I searched their site. If you don't want me to do that, let me know, there's still another $500 or more in stuff needed for my Halibut boat

Ages ago I clicked on the Amazon link at the top of the forum homepage, which opened Amazon in another window. Then I saved that link to my favorites and I simply navigate to Amazon from that favorite. I don't modify any links when shopping.

1709678535181.png

Also, if you click on a TVWBB Amazon link with the affiliate tag, it will disappear as you browse or search Amazon further. But that's OK, as the cookie has been set in your browser to remember the tag.

I buy everything from Amazon using the link!
I just bought a $750 hitch for my camper using it!
My biggest purchase yet! Well, besides the camper that is! :LOL:

Also, if you click on a TVWBB Amazon link with the affiliate tag, it will disappear as you browse or search Amazon further. But that's OK, as the cookie has been set in your browser to remember the tag.
And once you click an affiliate link, any products you browse to and add to your shopping cart during the next 24 hours are credited to the affiliate.

Let me guess...... you bought a Hensley Arrow, or something like it?

I really need to make an effort to check out through @Chris Allingham link.
The Equal-I-Zer hitch and a hitch ball for an extra $20
The one WITH the hitch ball was another $100! 😳
I talked to one of my former coworkers and he has a big honking torque wrench I can borrow so I can install it next week

The Equal-I-Zer hitch and a hitch ball for an extra $20
The one WITH the hitch ball was another $100! 😳
I talked to one of my former coworkers and he has a big honking torque wrench I can borrow so I can install it next week
Please be sure you got a ball with the proper sized shank. Having said that, also not surprised at that markup either.

I bought a 250 ft/lb torque wrench just so I could work on the rear brakes on my truck, the bolts holding the backing plate are spec'ed at something 195 ft/lb, and my existing wrenches just won't do it.

FWIW, for us at home guys, the manual click wrenches from Harbor Freight seem to be just fine. I spent more on calibration checks years after I bought them and they were just fine. And ALWAYS store them without any tension on the spring.

Please be sure you got a ball with the proper sized shank. Having said that, also not surprised at that markup either.

I bought a 250 ft/lb torque wrench just so I could work on the rear brakes on my truck, the bolts holding the backing plate are spec'ed at something 195 ft/lb, and my existing wrenches just won't do it.

FWIW, for us at home guys, the manual click wrenches from Harbor Freight seem to be just fine. I spent more on calibration checks years after I bought them and they were just fine. And ALWAYS store them without any tension on the spring.
I did buy the correct diameter shank
I just realized it too long!
Time to bust out the angle grinder!

Back