TEXAS BBQ RUB DISCOUNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan S

TVWBB Olympian
Just got done talking to Bill from TEXAS BBQ rub. Here's the deal. From now til AUG 10, he will give a $2.00 cash rebate for every 2lbs. of either #1 or #2 rub ordered. That equals almost a 16% discount
icon_eek.gif
When ordering the rub put the following in the comments box. WSM FORUM MEMBER DISCOUNT. Remember if you want the #2 rub you must specify that in the comments box also.
icon_biggrin.gif
A simple thank you to bill also in the box would be a nice jester. Thank You Bryan
NOTE: Just to show you how nice Bill is at the end of the e-mail he said i'll be sending you $8.00 Bryan for the 8 pounds you ordered last week
icon_biggrin.gif
Later, Bryan
<span class="ev_code_RED">COMMENTS BOX</span>WSM FORUM MEMBER DISCOUNTTO ORDER CLICK HERE
Edit: Example: If you want a 2 lb bag of #1 rub and a 2 lb bag of #2 rub you would just order 2- 2 lb bags of #1 rub then specify in the comments box that you want 1 bag of #1 and 1 bag of #2.Hope this helps.

Fantastic, Bryan!
icon_cool.gif

I was getting ready to order more last week when you guys said you were trying to work out a deal ~ Patience is a virtue
icon_smile.gif

Thank you,

Awesome Bryan! Thanks for the hook-up and I'll make sure to tell Bill gracias as well!! He has a good BBQ forum over at this site too!

Just jumped on the bandwagon and ordered the main rub and asked for a sample of the #2.
Sounds like a great rub for the price. Can't wait to try them out.
Thanks for the "hook up"

Although I don't think he cares, don't forget to give credit to one of our members, Tom Fergerson, who I think introduced this Board to the products and website.

Paul

Maybe I'm missing somthing...what is the difference between the #1 and #2 rub......I didn't see an explination on the website.

My memory from Tom is that #1 has been around awhile and was primarily for pork - butts, ribs. #2 was more recently developed specifically for brisket.

Paul

Anthony, Yes the # 1 rub has been around awile. The #2 rub is Specifically for brisket (supposed to be good on chicken also) and is not listed on their web-site. Bill at texas BBQ Rub said that they are building a web-site just for the #2 rub and the web address will be Brisket.com
icon_biggrin.gif
He could not give me a date when it will be up and running. Thats why if you want to order the #2 rub you must specify that in the comments box.

Good looking out, Bryan.

You can't go wrong with Bill. He's one of the nicest guys you'll run across.

Paul, thanks for the nod, but you're right, I'm just happy that folks like the stuff. The brisket (#2 Rub) and the butt (#1 Rub) I did last weekend sure seem to have like it too. They sure were good!!

That's what makes this forum as good as it is: everyone shares their knowledge and experiences so freely. I'm just happy to be a small part of it.

Thanks to Brian and Tom!!! I ordered a bag of each. I thanked Bill as well.... Less prep time means more smoke time!

You all have me curious - can you tell me a bit about the flavor profile of these two rubs? Spicy? Sweet? Herby? Peppery? More or less salt than typical? Front or back end heat? I've heard good things about it, and you've all really piqued my interest. There's a little bit more room in my "rub box" next to the seven pounds of Blues Hog.
icon_smile.gif

Keri C, smokin' on Tulsa Time

Keri,

The #1 rub is sweet... with cumin and chili powder. Also garlic, and the typical other spices in most rubs. It has a little heat, but not as much as the Mr. Brown.

#2 rub is a coarser rub, not ground as fine. It also is not as sweet as #1 and I think it has a little more kick. It also has what appears to be dehydrated onion bits. Bill Cannon of texasbbqrub.com says the #2 is for larger pieces of meat, but I can tell you it is wonderful on chicken.

This deal that Bryan got would make it an excellent time to sample both. I don't think you'd be disappointed with either, and even if you were, judging from some of your other posts here, you'd add a pinch of this or a dollop of that and make it your own
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve (Merc) McMurtry:
Does anybody know if Texas BBQ Rub ships to
Canada? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROb R indicates he has ordered some on page 3 of this post.

Steve - I placed an order at the begging of July and am still waiting - possibly a customs delay. I did send Bill an email yesterday looking for confirmation of when and how it was shipped. I will let you know how it works out. (Shawn W - I'll let you know also) For the time being it might be advised to hold off...

Keri, #2 rub first taste is sweetness then on the back end you get some zip/zing /spice. Not peppery, deffinatley not salty. Don't know what is about the #2 rub but i love it. I guess if i had to say one thing about it it is very well Balanced (Perfect Balance IMO). I have not used the #1 as of yet but others have and said it is great on Butts and chicken. #2 is also supposed to be great on chicken. If you go back to the orignal thread you can read a lot more about it. Hope this helps Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back