TempSpike models???

went to their web site, there is an upgraded Plus version (600') on sale for $79.99. It's orange.

Hard thing is I am feeling REALLY under the weather. But I do have to go out and return an Amazon purchase I made over to Kohls so. Yep I am gonna stop and maybe get my new glasses adjusted as well

Larry, let me know what you come up with. I was going to have my sister ship one to me but she said they are charging for shipping but if she goes and picks it up, it is only $20 out the door. This was a Sams CLub down by St Louis. She is grabbing me two and a couple for her.

1712263353623.png

Well, I recieved two of them today. My sister bought them at her local Sams and sent them to me.. I notice that the distance rating is shorter than on the orange version, so maybe they are not the exact same product. 500 vs 350 feet. For most people, that should be fine still. I never had an issue with my orange one (500 feet). I guess I will try out a red one on my next cook to see how it goes. Maybe run them together. I think you can do that.

Aside from the color, they look identical.

OK well, I officially HATE this TempSpike as I do most ThermoPro remote products. Why do I have to be "hemmed in" by what THEY say a meat should be cooked to?! Yep, they're gonna head back to Sam's and ThermoPro can keep them until they figure out I do not want pre programmed target temps on meat. ARRRRRRGH!!!!!!

Larry, I think you can just choose what ever meat/donness you want that matches your target temp.

Larry, I think you can just choose what ever meat/donness you want that matches your target temp.
Nope. When you choose a meat THEY tell you what it will be. You cannot simply set a "target temp" independent of a food/meat. Somewhat nice idea but VERY VERY poorly executed and not even worth the sale price IMO. All 3 goin back. Ex, I have some pork belly on there now. I am going to make it kinda like crispy pork belly burnt ends. But that means I gotta listen to or put up with them telling me at 170 it's done. Same thing if you choose beef. If you make a beef brisket, you're looking for 200-207 or so. NOT 150

Really????? There is NO user set target/alarm temp? I find that hard to believe...?....?...?

Found this - not sure if its the same model - but I would have to assume same/similar app....
Look around the 2:40 mark ---- 9 preset temps and a CUSTOM setting....

Last edited:
Really????? There is NO user set target/alarm temp? I find that hard to believe...?....?...?
Nope none. I would not care if I could simply add a target temp with no "meat profile". I.E. simply set a target of say 195. This is true of all the ThermoPro remote devices I've tried. I really feared this one would be the same.
On another note the pork belly I made for supper was AMAZING! Smoked it at 225, until it was about 160 then cranked the Member's Mark to 430 put the belly fat side down and let it rip. Had to keep turning off the stupid alarm, but let it go until it was about 180-185. Let it rest while I finished my side dish. Deeeeeelish!

I'd call up ThermoPro and ask them about it..... ?maybe? you downloaded and older app? Or someone dropped a line in an update....?...?
I wouldn't give up on them yet....

Back