Tatoka NY Steaks and Carribean Jerk Wings

Greg B.

TVWBB Pro
Hi everyone!
Between 14 hour work days and summer fun weekends, I haven't been active on the board. Sorry I missed all the great cooks. Finally got a couple of days off and was able to relax and do a quit cook. NY steaks were on sale so I ran down to the grocery store and picked up a couple steaks and the Carribean jerk flappers was just an impulse buy at the meat counter.I have never been to the Carribean so I took there word for it.

The steaks were dusted with Tatonka

Brought to you buy a couple of Quarts of Milwaukee's Finest

The flappers and corn was cooked indirect and moved to direct after the steaks were done

Plated with garlic mash,green beans and garlic toast. Totally forgot about the corn!

I really never had success with NY steaks but these were the best I've cooked. Far as the Carribean Flappers it was ok, next time I'll make my own rub.

Thanks for looking! Have a great Labor Day!

Sorry I just realized I miss spelled Tatonka on the title, maybe one too many Quarts;)

Last edited:
Very nice looking cook Greg!! I'm not a big fan of New Yorks either.Walkerswoods makes a pretty good jerk paste and marinade. I like it a little spicier so I add a little habanero pepper to it. Cost Plus at Grossmont Center carries it.

Great loking steak. Tatonka rub looks black when raw and black when grilled. I read a lot about it combined w/red meat. Do you suggest to me ?

Steak looks great! Agree with you on the New Yorks, maybe it's me or the way the cattle are raised now but I think they have a really bland taste.

Your steaks look fantastic! We love Tatonka Dust. I've had some luck with Prime New Yorks from Costco. Chicken and sides are nice too. Know what you mean about a typo on the title line. Once posted, it's unforgiving, and can't be fixed. At least I haven't figured out a way yet.

Good cook Greg. The wings look perfect!! I like NY strips. The trick is to get really good ones, and thick :).

Back