Taking My Meatloaf to Another Level

Barb D

TVWBB Hall of Fame
First up made my stuffed Jalapeno poppers with cream cheese, chopped red & green bell peppers, sweet onion, parmesan cheese mixed together them wrap with homemade pepper bacon. Cook indirect on Performer for 40 minutes.
S1034548_zps1mjpanjf.jpg

Ingredients for the meatloaf. Ground turkey, beef, mild Italian sausage, Mexican Chorizo sausage, red 7 green bell pepper, sweet onion, Jalapeno pepper, Basil, Rosemary, Oregano, milk, Worcestershire sauce, #5 sauce, egg sub, Panko crumbs, Penzey’s California pepper and garlic powder. Mix all together.
S1034552_zpsqnclcohh.jpg

Start with a meatloaf base add your cooked Jalapeno poppers.
S1034556_zpsmud4cccm.jpg

Add another layer of meat and two slices of homemade pepper bacon.
S1034558_zpsf7pszfuw.jpg

Finish with top layer of meat. Place in pan with rack onto the Performer indirect for 1 ½ hours.
S1034566_zpsehqbggtg.jpg

Meatloaf and taters ready to go, based meat 3 to 4 times with #5 sauce. Potatoes with EVOO salt and pepper.
S1034567_zpsrbs3ri70.jpg

Pulled at 155 degrees going in.
S1034571_zpsxtqm9efy.jpg

Cut and ready to plate.
S1034584_zpseizvrhtc.jpg

Plated with more #5 sauce, taters with butter, sour cream and green onions.
S1034580_zpsqzkcxb1w.jpg

Nothing left and it was delicious.
S1034583_zpsmj1i8lmk.jpg

Thanks for looking and have a great week end.

Madam, your skills are admirable;). Meatloaf looks outstanding Barb!
All of us, men, can only envy...Congrats Rich!

Madam, your skills are admirable;). Meatloaf looks outstanding Barb!
All of us, men, can only envy...Congrats Rich!

Congrats Rich is right. You can Fed Ex me a hunk of that overnight, just sayin

I'll tell you guys Barb is becoming quite the grill master. She is always planning and revising all kinds of cooks. You guys are only seeing about 10% of what she does now and my waist line is seeing the other 90%.
Of course I'm not complaining at all.;)

Thanks everyone for the kind words, I enjoy doing this and have learn so much from all of you. This is an awesome group of people and I'm happy to be a part of it.

Back