Tagine

Wolgast

TVWBB Olympian
I dunno were to start! Ill just go with FrEaKiNaWeSoMeCoOkInG every one. i feel Inspired :wsm:

Now to my Tunis inspired one. Tagine chicken. (not my first and not the last)

Here we go:

B/S chicken thigs/lamb sausage/garlic/harissa(eastern chili paste) taters/olives/lemon/shrooms..if i forgot something its in the pic..allright
01026.JPG

Seared the thighs for 1+1 min rubbed with Webers kick'n chicken
01716.JPG

Then all joins the party
0276.JPG

400f for 70 mins
0349.JPG

Rested ten min before the lid was oppend. Looks like this. Tasted like million $
0429.JPG

Plated´n´devoured
0586.JPG

0656.JPG

The harissa has some kick to it. Lovely dinner

Thanks for your time ppl...

That looks amazing. I'm going to have to figure out how to make that without the volcano-shaped Tagine cooker. Mostly because I don't have one. Yet.

Outstanding! I have never seen a cook like that. I bet that tasted like a million dollars.
I see the lemon in the first picture but not in any of the others so I assume you used the juice or the zest only.

Daniel, honestly, you and Emilie are Chefs! AWESOME CHEFS!!
...................................▼ B E A U T I F U L ! !

0429.JPG

0586.JPG

WOW!!! That is fantastic Daniel, I've never seen anything like that before. Love the volcano shaped Taqine cooker you cooked it in. You and Emilie are absolutely amazing cooks.;)

Cheers guys!

@ Sam Houston. Thanks bro...your first post. I feel honored. I bet any pot with a lid on will do. Havent tryed it,and i bougt this one (hand painted by an old man in tunis) for alot off $ And im gonna use it gotdammit! ;)

@ Rich Dahl : Your right. Half of a lemon juice was used. But i thought half way in i slice it thin and add ontopp of everything. Dident happend.

@ Jim : Thanks as always. Pls look around for a full time jobb for me. I know the market is harsh. But both me and Emilie wanna get out of here. 4 real!

And thanx ofc!

Wow man, a cool looking tool
had to google the thing
I'm just an old fool

Your cook, as always, looks really fine
but we weren't invited
and would have brought wine :(

A payback poem
you knew it was due
hug the O boys for us
and Emilie too!

Spectacular cook Daniel. I had to Google it also and read up. They are pricy but you got terrific results. Is that a 3 quart?

So uh,

This food looks great! BUT

according to much literature on tagine cooking the painted glazed ones can be done with lead paint and are for decoration only and not for cooking.

I'd double check the provenance of this cookware before eating off it any more.

Sorry to be such a stick in the mud.

Thanks everyone!

Dave: Thanks for the info. Never thought about that. And you´r probably right.

That is something special! Interesting combination of flavors. I've never heard of this dish, but it looks delicious.

And your pictures are beautiful.

Back