Surf, Turf and Chokes

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
This is one of my favorite cooks. I do some variation of it 2 or 3 times a year. Medium beef filets, scallops on corn cream and grilled artichokes this time around. Did the steaks and scallops on my Mojoe Griddle. Here are the pictures.

Got the Fillets rubbed down with....

This. Bob featured it on one of his posts last week and had to try it. Outstanding!

While fillets were resting, got to work on the sides. Made the corn cream for the Scallops. Two ears of corn sliced off the cob. Cooked in butter, chicken broth, salt and pinch of cayenne. Ran it through the blender after it cooled and then pushed through a sieve to remove the pulp.

Got artichokes ready. EVOO, garlic and salt. Wrap in foil.

Artichokes on grill for about an hour.

Coated the scallops in Canola Oil, salt and some smoked paprika.

Fillets on the Mojoe.

Flipped after about 3 minutes.

Scallops on the Mojoe, as hot as I could get it.

Continued....

Last edited:
Added some Fresno Chili's for garnish. (Finished them up after the scallops were done in some butter and lemon juice and a little water)

Finished up the scallops with the corn cream in bowls. Garnished with the chili's and fresh chives.

There you go. The steak came out really good and the scallops were the best I've ever done. Thank you for looking.

Last edited:
That is some amazing looking food Cliff! The scallops have a great sear on them and are plated beautifully and the steak is cooked perfect.

Cliff that is one fantastic cook, I can see why you like doing it. Just next time let us know so we can plan a trip to Cal. because you just might have some house guest.

Nice!

It's not close enough to lunch for me to be looking at this. Stomach growling, mouth watering. Curse you!

Spectacular cook, Cliff! Great presentation and plating as well! How do you like the crust that the Mojoe sears onto your steaks?

Cam

Cliff, everything looks good but the grilled scallops over the corn cream with the chiles and chives look absolutely divine! Brian doesn't eat corn (I know -- go figure!) but it would be a super dish for me to make when we have company. I'd serve this as a soup course at a dinner party in a heartbeat.

Thanks again for sharing.

Back