Supply chain SNAFU

One thing that is really impacting our grocery stores here is that the population here is just exploding. There are four cites here that are called the quad cities. Prescott Valley where we live is the largest in 2019 there were 38,825 people living here and in 2021 it has jumped to 48,139. There are literally thousands of new homes being built that aren't occupied yet in the Quad cities area.
The stores don't have the capacity to handle the increased population, although we are hearing rumors that a couple of chain stores are planning on building here, I just hope it happens soon.

I'm two hours south of Chicago. The only stores that look like this are the six Walmart stores in my area. The nine other grocery stores including Costco are stuffed to the walls. Kroger stores seem to have a little less stock in milk products than the others but that's not the issue elsewhere in town (other than Walmart). Walmart meat cases are nearly wiped, especially ground beef and have been for the better part of two weeks. However, my Schnucks stores are stuffed with meat (including ground beef) and they're the same price as Walmart! P.S. Not sure why my profile says new member considering I registered as a member back in 2005'ish.

One thing that is really impacting our grocery stores here is that the population here is just exploding. There are four cites here that are called the quad cities. Prescott Valley where we live is the largest in 2019 there were 38,825 people living here and in 2021 it has jumped to 48,139. There are literally thousands of new homes being built that aren't occupied yet in the Quad cities area.
The stores don't have the capacity to handle the increased population, although we are hearing rumors that a couple of chain stores are planning on building here, I just hope it happens soon.
Same here Rich. NAS Fallon, home of the Top Gun training center, is about 5 miles out of town. They recently brought the F-35C Lightning II into the fold, along with a significant population increase. That, coupled with all of the companies moving to within 50 miles of here from California, has put a burden on our resources. If it weren't for the recent upgrading of the on-base facilities, we'd have serious problems, I'm sure. As it is, our shortages are few and short lived.

Well, as far as grocery shortages we have a few here in SW Colorado. But so far I haven't seen anyone starving yet. Part of this is the fact that we have been overrun by Jonnie come lately's that want to live in Paradise. They are tired of the traffic, the attitudes of the people in the big city's where they lived. And they come here to Colorado where we have lived all our lives. They are simply ruining it. The housing market has doubled in price in 2 years. Is that a good thing? I don't think so when they start taxing us on those #'s. Were seeing Arizonaions, Californian's, Texans, & in the last 2 years I swear we have seen every license plate in union here in Durango town. It really sucks. We don't have 4-6 lanes to move traffic. Or the water resources to accommodate all of the people that are coming here. And when they keep coming they ruin why they came here. My wife & I are natives & we feel like we are the outsiders in our home state now. And all of this effects supply's coming here as it takes more & more & more.
Most of the people who are coming here have money, they aren't coming here to work at Wal-Mart or City Market, so they add nothing to work force. Most business's are short of people to keep the doors open or cutting hours so that they can keep up. And the new comers just walk their dogs around the neighborhood, looking lost & living out their boring & useless lives. I'm talking about people in their mid 40's. Every society has a beginning, a high peak which I say our country had after WW11. And of course a beginning to the end. Which in my opinion is what we are seeing now. I am glad that I am 64 yrs old & that I got to enjoy my state & life when I did before all of Gods little creatures swarmed over & ruined it all.
We would move now, but we don't know where to go to get away from all the hoards that are coming here. As far supply issues I can say a few supply's are better than none.
Just my truth for the day.

Well, as far as grocery shortages we have a few here in SW Colorado. But so far I haven't seen anyone starving yet. Part of this is the fact that we have been overrun by Jonnie come lately's that want to live in Paradise. They are tired of the traffic, the attitudes of the people in the big city's where they lived. And they come here to Colorado where we have lived all our lives. They are simply ruining it. The housing market has doubled in price in 2 years. Is that a good thing? I don't think so when they start taxing us on those #'s. Were seeing Arizonaions, Californian's, Texans, & in the last 2 years I swear we have seen every license plate in union here in Durango town. It really sucks. We don't have 4-6 lanes to move traffic. Or the water resources to accommodate all of the people that are coming here. And when they keep coming they ruin why they came here. My wife & I are natives & we feel like we are the outsiders in our home state now. And all of this effects supply's coming here as it takes more & more & more.
Most of the people who are coming here have money, they aren't coming here to work at Wal-Mart or City Market, so they add nothing to work force. Most business's are short of people to keep the doors open or cutting hours so that they can keep up. And the new comers just walk their dogs around the neighborhood, looking lost & living out their boring & useless lives. I'm talking about people in their mid 40's. Every society has a beginning, a high peak which I say our country had after WW11. And of course a beginning to the end. Which in my opinion is what we are seeing now. I am glad that I am 64 yrs old & that I got to enjoy my state & life when I did before all of Gods little creatures swarmed over & ruined it all.
We would move now, but we don't know where to go to get away from all the hoards that are coming here. As far supply issues I can say a few supply's are better than none.
Just my truth for the day.
Pretty much what we're seeing here. It's one thing when folks decide to relocate but I can't understand why many want to bring what they're leaving along with them.

Back